Stack/Versions: Stack disappears

Started by sinus, November 04, 2014, 09:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi,
I do not know now, because I am a bit baffled.
Is this a bug or is it me?

So my problem, step by step, I think, repeatable:

1) In the media-view with over 1'500 images I do have two stacks with "marmalade". You can see, 4x2 images are also version-stacked. (BTW: they look the same, because I use for proxies, but unfortunately if expanded, they looks the same, except you can see in the upper right corner, that the first image is in reality a NEF - a feature request is open for this)
Attachement 1 (prob1.jpg)

2) Control and left arrow brings them neatly side by side, works super, you can see two stacks.
The left one with 9 images has no versions, the right one with 8 images are in fact the 4 versions-stack
Attachement 2 (prob2.jpg)

3) In this view the first stack is still collapsed. The second stack with 8 images is expanded, but the version stacks are collapsed. Looks also fine.
Attachement 3 (prob3.jpg)

Now comes the problem. I hit for the second stack Ctrl Left arrow, means I simply collapse the stack.

4) In the next view you see: the first stack is still there, but the second one is simply disappeard. I had really troubles, to find them again (thought they are deleted), because I could NOT find them in the collections-view also.
Attachement 4 (prob4.jpg)

5) Then I tried a search - phew - they appeared again, of course stacked. But I must unstack them and expand the version-stack to make them again visible.
Attachement 5 (prob5.jpg)

So it seems to me (I tried is several times), that if I collapse a stack with collapsed version-stacks, than the stack disappears.

Bug or is it simply to early for my poor brain?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus