[NOBUG] IMatch crashes - can't e-mail

Started by jch2103, July 30, 2014, 07:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jch2103

I had two IMatch crashes yesterday, both with an IMatch bug report prompt. I was able to send the first with no trouble to bugtrack_at_photools.com, but repeated attempts to e-mail the second (both to bugtrack and support) failed:

QuoteThis is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.
bugtrack [at photools.com] <-- edited

Is there a problem with the photools e-mail system? The message was short and small (I had a link to the dump file).
John

Mario

Probably you have been flagged as a SPAM source by some ISP. I have one email from you from yesterday in my inbox.
I have over a week of log files to analyze so it may take a while until I get to yours.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jch2103

Quote from: Mario on July 30, 2014, 08:29:58 PM
Probably you have been flagged as a SPAM source by some ISP. I have one email from you from yesterday in my inbox.

The fact that I was able to successfully send a message and then have a second fail one an hour and a half afterwards may suggest a problem on your end...? Did you change something to filter out certain web domain address links?

I tried from a different account (Google this time; but hardly ever used for any purpose) and got the following rejection message:

QuoteDelivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[bugtrack address]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain photools.com by smtp.rzone.de. [2a01:238:20a:202:50f0::2097].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.7.1 Recipients have complained about included content (B-URL)

So I tried again, this time with all web links translated to plain text. I think this one went through..
John

Mario

Looks like the SPAM filter of my ISP. Maybe you included a link to a known SPAM source in your email?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook