How to find and categorize all photos with a geotag

Started by WzeroMN, July 29, 2014, 03:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WzeroMN

Is there a way to find all photos that have a geotag in the metadata (Mostly jpg but other formats would be nice too) and then create a category of all geotagged photos? :)

Is there a way to select a photo and then have the location show up on Google Maps,  assuming the metadata has a geotag of course.
Hierro cnadente, batir de repente

cytochrome

You can setup a data-driven category. I have two, one uses the Tag XMP::exif\GPSLongitude\GPSLongitude\0 and the other uses the Tag Composite\GPSLatitude\GPSLatitude\0 ( this one probably supplied by Imatch, look in the default cat, mine are gone..).

For some reason I don't understand the first catches more files than the second!!

Francis

WzeroMN

Thank, looks like I have a little learning to do:-)
This seems like quite some software but with a large learning curve.

WzeroMN

I made a kilter just using GPS predefined and that seems to work.

Thanks.

cytochrome

Yes, a filter works fine, but your question was about also making a category with all GPS tagged files...

And of course you can have the location of geotagged file shown on OSM or googlemap. Just click on the blue globe icon on the left side of the thumbnail. And go to the help and read abour GPS, it is well explained.

Francis

thrinn

Just search for "map panel" in the help. You will find a lot of interesting features.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA