Attributes creates a second database-line in Merge-mode

Started by sinus, July 27, 2014, 09:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi,

Say, I have 50 images with ONE attributes-line, all the SAME 2 entries, and ONE emtpy:

City                  Adress                  remarks
Frankfurt          Hotel California      (empty)

After a while I want add a remark for ALL 50 images. I choose Merge-mode, because Single would be a bit boring  8)

I am now NOT able to add the remark in the same line, instead I MUST add a NEW line, and end with this entry, for each file:

Frankfurt          Hotel California      (empty)
(empty)            (empty)                was a difficult light there

Much better and easier to read also would be this here in one line.
Frankfurt          Hotel California      was a difficult light there

This I can do in single mode, but not in merge mode.

Do I something wrong?
If not, is it possible and makes it sense to create feature request for this?

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Ferdinand

I don't understand Markus.  If the 50 files have identical attributes, then what you want should work.  I just tried and it worked for me in merge mode.  It should also now work in single mode, after this feature request implemented by Mario:
https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=2106.0
but it should always have worked in merge mode.

sinus

Quote from: Ferdinand on July 27, 2014, 10:54:51 PM
I don't understand Markus.  If the 50 files have identical attributes, then what you want should work.  I just tried and it worked for me in merge mode.  It should also now work in single mode, after this feature request implemented by Mario:
https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=2106.0
but it should always have worked in merge mode.

Thanks, Ferdinand

And you are completely right! I forgot that this is possible  :-\ (where in Fact, in my mind was that F2 is the solution, but it did not work and  :-[ :-[ :-[ I did not look in the help-file, because I was sure, it does not work.

But, like in your link, Mario has changed this and I even wrote there something in this thread ... hmmm, I am getting older.  :-\
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

All collections are stored int he database. There are many commands which change collections. I have never lost any data in collections, except I selected the wrong files and pressed the wrong buttons (and in this case there is always Edit > Undo !).

This does not mean that there is no bug which gone unnoticed in the past two years, but we would need a description how to reproduce this behavior. What to do to remove all files from a collection by accident. The log file from the session where this happened etc. If a bug is so random that it just happens but nobody knows exactly when and how, all information we can get will be helpful.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

Eh?  This thread is about attributes.  Markus had another thread about problems with collections, but this ain't it.  Too much coffee?