Author Topic: IM5 does not "see" IM3 script  (Read 3370 times)

Carlo Didier

• Super Hero
IM5 does not "see" IM3 script
« on: July 21, 2014, 10:32:54 PM »
When I copy an old IM3 script to the scripts folder of IM5 to edit and update it for IM5, it does not appear in the scripts panel. I have to create a new one in IM5 and then paste the contents of the old one with another text editor like notepad into the new .bas file. Is this normal?

thrinn

Re: IM5 does not "see" IM3 script
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:42:07 PM »
Looks like the description file format has changed: IMatch 3 used a .bai file to hold the script description, IMatch 5 a .baix file. It is not only the extension that changed, but the format too: The old one was a simple text file with attribute=value pairs, while baix files are xml files.

But you can open a IMatch 3 script in the script editor. Only the script manager will not see it unless there is an .baix file. Or so it seems to me  ::)
Thorsten
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

JohnZeman

• Global Moderator
  • I'm too damn old to act my age.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:43:05 PM »
When I copy an old IM3 script to the scripts folder of IM5 to edit and update it for IM5, it does not appear in the scripts panel. I have to create a new one in IM5 and then paste the contents of the old one with another text editor like notepad into the new .bas file. Is this normal?

Yes this is normal.  thrinn is right, IM5 scripts need a companion buddy file with the same name as the script but ends with a file extension of .baix which IM5 uses to identify the and categorize the script.

All you have to do to migrate your IM3 script over to IM5 is to paste the contents of entire IM3 script into a new blank IM5 script then save it.  You should then see it in the script manager panel.

Of course your IM3 script will need to be updated before it will work in IM5.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 07:43:00 AM »
When you start IMatch (or close and re-open the script manager panel) it looks for the old .bai file format and converts them into the new XML format used by IMatch 5. This will not migrate your script, just the description file, mind. You probably need to edit your script to make it work in IMatch 5.

Carlo Didier

• Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 08:56:16 AM »
When you start IMatch (or close and re-open the script manager panel) it looks for the old .bai file format and converts them into the new XML format used by IMatch 5. This will not migrate your script, just the description file, mind. You probably need to edit your script to make it work in IMatch 5.

Ah, ok. I only copied the .bas file, thinking that iMatch would automatically re-create a .bai(x) file for it.

Thanks!

thrinn

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 09:59:31 PM »
And this is dutifully documented in the help. I should have read that  :-[

Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA