Author Topic: F_P Photoshop CS Image Processor  (Read 9249 times)

peterjohannes

• New Members
F_P Photoshop CS Image Processor
« on: July 05, 2014, 06:55:27 PM »
Hello Ferdinand,

I have a problem with your script.  I get the error "(10092) ActiveX Automation: server cannot create object" on line 537.
IM 5.14,  Photoshop CS 5.1 (32/64) and CC 2014 is installed.
Do you have a hint for me?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Ferdinand

• 100 years since I was shot and a war was started
  • Global Moderator
Re: F_P Photoshop CS Image Processor
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 08:37:51 AM »
Peter

I can't help you at the moment as I'm travelling and will be until later in the month.  It was working for me last time I used it, although I haven't bothered to install PC-CC yet, so that may be one possible cause.  There may be some changes I made since I last uploaded it.  I will look into this when I am able to.

peterjohannes

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 08:54:26 AM »
Thank you Ferdinand. I wish you a good trip.
Peter

Ferdinand

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 02:24:24 PM »
When you run the script, I assume that it opens up Photoshop CC rather than PS 5.1 - is that right?  Or doesn't it get that far?

Can I check which line it stops on?  Is it this line?:
Set appRef = CreateObject( "Photoshop.Application" )
(I need to check as the line number will depend on whether you're viewing the code in the IMatch scripting editor or in a text editor like Notepad.

I've had a look at the documentation for PS CC and I can't see any major changes, and this command is completely unchanged, so I'm a bit puzzled at the moment. 

Oh, a thought.  Do you have the 32-bit version of CC installed as well as the 64 bit (assuming that you have a 54 bit OS)?  Since IMatch is a 32 bit application it can only use a script to trigger the 32 bit version of PS, not the 64 bit version.  (This is the case even though you can trigger the 64 bit version from Favourites.  The script is accessing the registry and can't access the 64 bit registry.)

Failing that, I'd need some more clues about your install.

peterjohannes

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 04:03:53 PM »
When I open the script it opens CC  Version 14.2.1 x32.
My System is Win 7 x64 and both PS CC and 5.1 are 32 and 64 bit

In my Favorites the 64 bit version was linked. I've removed and I've insert the 32 bit CC version.

After starting the program, PS CC Version 14.2.1 x32 starts. About one minute later several messages are displayed.
You can see them in the attached PDF. After a while, when I clicked OK at the message windows
I can stop the script in the scripting editor.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ferdinand

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 04:33:04 PM »
This rings a bell, faintly.   I will need to try and hear it more clearly. 

I'm fairly sure that I've had this problem before, but I can't recall how I fixed it, since I can't locate any changes to the script that would explain how I fixed this error.

Give me a day or two.

Ferdinand

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 11:41:28 AM »
I've thought about this a little more and I have a hunch that this is a symptom of not having run IMatch as an administrator at least once.  It's a problem with certain scripting libraries not being registered correctly.  Can you try that? 

If that still doesn't work then can you please attach here the .bas file that you are running (you'll probably have to zip it first).  If it runs on my PC there then the issue is your environment rather than the script, and I'll need to try harder to remember what happened to me some time ago.

peterjohannes

• New Members
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 03:26:07 PM »
Hello Ferdinand,
I've started IM5 with a right click run as Administrator and run the script. It stopped at the same line with the exception of error messages.
The .bas file is attached as a ZIP-file... In the mean time I will try it on my Notebook (take time, cause it is very slow...).

Ferdinand

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 04:01:59 PM »
Well, that script runs here without a problem, so it's not an issue with the script code.  I will have to try and remember what happened when I had this issue. 

Can you please open the script in the script editor and then from the menu select "edit | references" and see if you have the same three items checked as in the attached screen grab.  I expect that you will, it's just a long shot.

Did you get the same messages about "can't be interpret as numeric" after you had run as administrator?

I can get the error message you get if I have PS6-64 open when I run the script.  The script waits for a response for 20 seconds or so, which it can't get from the 64 bit version, and then throws the error.  And it can't open the 32 bit version since you can't have both open at the same time.  Did you by any chance have the 64 bit version already open when you ran the script? 

p.s.  I also get those "can't be interpret as numeric" error messages when I run the script with the 64 bit version open, so I have a strong hunch that that's the issue.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:05:39 PM by Ferdinand »

peterjohannes

• New Members
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 07:07:53 PM »
I have the same references checked like shown in the attached picture.

After running IM as Administrator I get the messages if PS CC 64 is running and I have the similar symptoms like you are describing. Running IM as Admin and opening the 32-bit Version manually, then I get no "can't be interpret as numeric" message.
I have the same Probs on my Notebook with the same environment.

I've noticed, that running PS 64 the script stops in line 536 and with PS 537 in line 537...

Since I have Win7 64-bit I start PS 32bit manually because I know the problems between 32 and 64bit software.

Ferdinand

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 11:31:09 AM »
Peter - The script can't work if either PS-CC-64 or PSCS5-64 is triggered either manually or automatically.  You can't externally control a 64 bit program from a 32 one like IMatch.  I'm not sure about PSCS5-32, since I don't know if its scripting will work properly after PS-CC is installed. 

What should work is PS-CC-32  - it isn't completely clear from your post whether or not the script actually runs to completion if you start PS-CC-32 manually. I suspect not, and that's what I will assume in what follows.

If that is the case then I don't know what to suggest.  Is this a general problem with PS-CC, or is it a problem with your install?  One option would be for you to uninstall and reinstall PS-CC, but that seems a bit drastic just to try to get a script to work.  I guess I could upgrade from PSCS6 to PS-CC, but I rely on this script and wouldn't want to encounter the same problem.  I could perhaps install it on my laptop when I find the time.

Are there any other users of PS-CC on a 64 bit machine who could try to run the script?

Carlo Didier

• Super Hero
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 01:41:57 PM »
Wanted to try with CC 64-bit, but when I try to start the script I get another error right before the dialog opens:

Ferdinand

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 02:40:19 PM »
Oh good grief!  What is it with this script??  Lots of errors that I can't replicate.  Thanks for trying Carlo.  I really don't understand that error message.  It's not critical to the script so perhaps you could put a ' in front of that line to comment it out an see what happens next.

Carlo Didier

• Super Hero
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 03:36:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure I ran the script successfully several days ago. I'll try to find out what happend.

peterjohannes

• New Members
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 04:38:43 PM »
ok guys, I will uninstall CC from my Notebook and install it again. I hope not to run into any new problems...

thrinn

• Super Hero
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 07:17:17 PM »
Carlo,
the error message you get says something about recursive category formulas. Did you check your category definitions? Just to make sure that the error is caused by the script and not by your category setup.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Carlo Didier

• Super Hero
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 07:20:10 PM »
Carlo,
the error message you get says something about recursive category formulas. Did you check your category definitions? Just to make sure that the error is caused by the script and not by your category setup.
That's what I want to investigate.

peterjohannes

• New Members
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 07:33:41 PM »
Ok guys. I think I have it.

On my Notebook I saw that PS CC (32/64) and PS CC 2014 was installed (see attachment). I uninstalled all PS versions and after a reboot I installed PS CC 2014.
The test was ok...

On my main PC (because I'm a lazy guy) I uninstalled only PS CC (32/64). The test after a reboot failed.
So I un/installed PS CC 2014 and the test was successful.

On my system there is no 32bit version of PS CC 2014. Only a 64bit version exists. The script launch PS CC 2014 and does his job.
I think the problem started after the last update from PS CC to PS CC 2014.

Thank you Ferdinand for your support and your patience.

Ferdinand

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 11:34:14 PM »
That's good - I'm glad it's working.

But there are a couple of pieces of new information in your post, new for me at least.  I didn't realise that PS CC 2014 only came in 64-bit, if I understand you correctly.  And I didn't think that 32-bit IMatch could trigger (via the COM interface) and control a 64-bit application.  I wonder if the fact that it can do so is because there is only one version of PS CC 2014 installed rather than two, or because Adobe have done something special in the 32 bit registry to allow for this kind of thing.

DavidOfMA

• Writer/Photographer/Therapist
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2016, 08:26:36 AM »
Hi, Ferdinand. I'm finally using IMatch 5 on a regular basis, now that it runs reasonably quickly, and I find I can't run your excellent script. I get the Script error messages "Script wait time 40 can't be interpreted as numeric!" and "Font colour 255,255,255 can't be interpreted as numeric (R,G,B)!" twice, then the script errors out at the lines:

Set solidColorRef = CreateObject("Photoshop.SolidColor")
   Set jpgSaveOptions = CreateObject("Photoshop.JPEGSaveOptions")

Suggestions on how I can get it going or at least troubleshoot getting it going? I'm running Win 7 64-bit, and I have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of CS6 installed.

Thanks,
David

Ferdinand

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 11:24:10 AM »
David

The script is working here in CS6  There are one or two traps to watch out for.  If neither of these work for you, then I'll need more information.

1.  Don't have the 64 bit version of PS open when you run the script.  You may recall that quite some time ago (Imatch 3.6 days) you asked me if it was possible to have the script trigger the 64 bit version of the program, rather than 32 bit.  After a lot of searching the answer seemed to be no.  A 32 bit application like IMatch can't access the 64 bit registry, which it would need to do to trigger and interact with PS 64 bit (although note #2 below for a recent exception to this).  So if you have PS closed when you run the script, it starts the 32 bit version.  If the 32 bit version is open, it just uses it.  However if you already have the 64 bit version open, then IMatch tries to use it but it can't.  I'm fairly sure that's your problem.

2. As per the post of peterjohannes above, if you have CS installed and then also install one of the recent CC versions of PS, you'll have the problem he described.  In recent versions, only a 64 bit version of PS is installed, and given this, something gets jumbled between 32 and 64 bit when IMatch calls PS.   The solution is to uninstall both CS6 and CC and reinstall only one.  As reported by peterjohannes, the script works just fine on the 64 bit only version of PS CC.  I've still got CS6 on the desktop, and CC on the laptop, and the script runs fine on both.

[So the question is, why is IMatch not able to trigger the 64 bit version of CS6, but is able to trigger the 64 bit version of CC?  I can only guess that for PS CC, since there's no 32 bit version, Adobe must put some magic stuff in the 32 bit registry that points to the 64 bit version.  They can't do this for CS6 as the 32 bit registry has to point to the 32 bit version.]

DavidOfMA

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 02:43:28 PM »
Unfortunately, neither of these applies to me. I don't have the 64-bit version of Photoshop open when I run the script (and I also tried it with the 32-bit version open before I run the script and had the same errors). I don't have Photoshop CC installed. I've made sure to run IMatch as an administrator and I've checked to see that the references you mentioned earlier in this thread are checked (and also tried checking the Adobe CS6 libraries). The script displays the dialog box and starts the 32-bit version of Photoshop, and then it errors on the line "Set solidColorRef = CreateObject("Photoshop.SolidColor")"

I do have InDesign CC installed. Could that somehow be causing the problem?

What additional information do you need in order to try to debug this issue?

Thanks!

David

peterjohannes

• New Members
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 05:29:45 PM »
Hi guys,
I had the same problem again with Win10/64 upgrade IM5.5 and PS CC 2015 :'(
I noticed that the old version PS CC was also installed. I've waited two month and last week
I made a clean install of Win 10/64. Now I'm running only the newest PS CC 2015 with Lightroom
and IM5.5 and it works fine :D

Every time Adobe makes an major update, you have to watch that all older versions are uninstalled.

@David: Check if you have old versions on your system. If not than uninstall PS and IM and reinstall
at first PS and than IM. Of course backup your AppData tree in your Profile and and run
Imatch Pack and Go before.

I'm pretty sure that it will works...

Ferdinand

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2016, 10:29:01 PM »
I do have InDesign CC installed. Could that somehow be causing the problem?

This is only a guess, but I suspect that enough of the scripting engine is installed by installing InDesign CC to cause the problem.  I suspect that if you have any CC applications installed that have scripting capability, then you need to uninstall PS CS 6 and install PS CC.

This is the sort of of issue that has had me wary about upgrading to CC on my desktop, and why I installed it first on my laptop for testing purposes.  But what I haven't done is test mixes of CS6 and CC apps.  My further hunch is that IMatch couldn't trigger any CS6 suite apps once a CC app is installed, and for any CS6 application that you wanted to trigger from IMatch via the COM interface, you would need to uninstall the CS6 version and install the CC version.

Thanks Peter for the heads about major CC upgrades.  That sounds like a real pain.

DavidOfMA

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2016, 11:17:16 PM »
Hmm... not ready to part with CS6 right now, as I'm not sure how long I'm willing to "rent" CC, given that I only use a few of the new InDesign features. You'd think there'd be some way around this problem that's not so drastic.

David

DavidOfMA

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2016, 01:07:45 AM »
What's curious about this theory is that IMatch does, in fact, launch PS CS6 and I have never encountered any other issues with using CS6 since I started using InDesign CC. Is there some other possibility?

David

Ferdinand

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2016, 12:22:41 PM »
Hmm... not ready to part with CS6 right now, as I'm not sure how long I'm willing to "rent" CC, given that I only use a few of the new InDesign features.

If you own a perpetual license to PS CS6, which I assume you do based on your comments, then you could always reinstall it if you left the cloud.

What's curious about this theory is that IMatch does, in fact, launch PS CS6 and I have never encountered any other issues with using CS6 since I started using InDesign CC. Is there some other possibility?

But which version of CS6 does it open??  What Peter experienced (I think) was that the script opened Photoshop, but the 64 bit version.  Run the script, which will fail, and then look in the About Photoshop dialog and see if the version number is followed by x32 or x64.

If it really is opening up the 32 bit version, then my only guess it still that the install of InDesign CC in parallel with PS CS6 has introduced some inherent conflicts in the scripting engine.  The symptoms you describe are pretty much what happens here on my desktop if I try to run the script with the x64 version already open.  If I think of anything else I'll post here, but don't hold your breath. 

DavidOfMA

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2016, 01:57:33 PM »
I did check About and the script runs the 32-bit version of CS6.

Thanks for your help. I'll post here if I get things working with all-CS6 or all-CC.

David

Ferdinand

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2016, 02:55:26 PM »
FWIW, I finally got around to installing all the latest CC apps that I use on my desktop.  Given the above, I uninstalled the CS6 ones first.  The script works, in line with Peter's experience. 

Given how long it takes to uninstall and install these things, I didn't explore various combinations of CC and CS6 en route to a full CC install.  Although that said, my previous install did have one CC app - Premier Pro, and that didn't cause any issues.  Perhaps it's sufficiently different to the other main apps not to destabilise VBA scripting.

Ferdinand

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 01:08:27 PM »
I discovered something that may or may not help some people who have Peter's problem.  I have no idea whether it will help David.

If you want to have both PS CS6 and PS CC 2014/2015 installed, then it is still possible to have both 32 and 64 bit versions of PS CC 2014/2015 installed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/download-photoshop.html

I haven't test it, but I think there's a reasonable chance that it may work.