Decouple Help

Started by afx, June 21, 2014, 04:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afx

Currently, when iMatch is scanning folders or performing any other blocking task I can not use the Help system to make use of the waiting time.
Also, Help always insists on being on top of iMatch so applying the information from Help on iMatch becomes a bit problematic when working on smaller screens....
I know this modal interface is a typical Windows thingy but other apps seem to be able to do better here so I have hopes for iMatch as well.

thx
afx

Richard

It has been my practice to place a shortcut to IMatch Help on my desktop. This allows me to go to Help whether IMatch is running or busy or closed. This shortcut has to be renewed with each new version of IMatch but it is easy to do.

afx

Quote from: Richard on June 21, 2014, 06:15:41 PM
It has been my practice to place a shortcut to IMatch Help on my desktop. This allows me to go to Help whether IMatch is running or busy or closed. This shortcut has to be renewed with each new version of IMatch but it is easy to do.
That is a workaround...
But it does not fix the issue. Especially when one starts with the context specific help entry from the program.

cheers
afx

Mario

1. Access the help via the START menu > IMatch Program Group
2. Alternatively, crate a shortcut to the imatch5.chm file on your desktop
3. The help is forced to stay on top. That's a limitation / hard-coded behavior in the Microsoft Framework. I have so far not found a way to overcome this without replacing a large share of their code. Wont. When you minimize the help, the IMatch main window is fully accessible.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook