Author Topic: How to 'Help the Help'  (Read 2784 times)

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
How to 'Help the Help'
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:17:27 AM »
The IMatch help file is a ongoing task. I'm adding new topics all the time, when new features are incorporated into the product. I'm also making changes based on your feedback and suggestions.

If you find a typo, wrong or incomprehensible information in a help topic, please use the link at the bottom of each help page to send me feedback. This feature opens your default email client with a standard message. This message includes the exact name and location of the help page you are commenting on, which makes it easier for me to handle your feedback.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:06:37 PM by Mario »

anmue

Re: How to 'Help the Help'
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 11:40:03 AM »
Hi Mario,

I don't have installed a mail programm on my PC (and will not do). Is there another way to send you bugs?

Regards

Andreas.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:04:37 PM »
You don't use email at all?

I guess you can just post your corrections in a normal community post and I coy it from there into my input queue.
Right click on the link shown at the bottom of the help page you want to send corrections for and then choose properties. This shows you the link, which includes the name of the help page. This information I need so please include it in your feedback.

anmue

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »
Hi Mario,

I only use a webmailer. I didn't realize that right clicking on the link reveals the URL. So I can use this to send you an email in the right format. Or post it here.

Thanks

Andreas

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 02:54:18 PM »
Please send emails, because I let automatically sort them into a special low prio queue.
Use the following subject

IMatch 5 Help Feedback

and include the link or the nnn.htm file name of the help page you are referring to. Thanks.

If you use only a web mailer, does the system not automatically launch your browser when you click on a "mailto:" link in a web site (Windows help / IMatch help is basically a web site running in a (IE) browser).