Where to look to know how many files are on display in file window

Started by reader, July 03, 2013, 02:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reader

Where does on look to see how many files are being displayed.  I have the default panels .. that one has on a new install showing but as I run various filters and such that changes the number of files in the window... I don't see that information being shown anywhere.

What I do see in the upper right hand corner of the files window appears to be some horribly inaccurate information... which I'm sure it isn't.  And I have no clue how to read it.  But it is plain to see that isn't reporting how many files are actually in the window.
What I see is diplayed in the included image... a portion of the info appears to be right... it is (1640) files and (35.68GB) in the data base... none of appears to be accurate unless something a bit different than what I'm thinking

In the included image... You can see a filter set to show only images ending in 'arw', which I know for a fact there are only 1260 of.

Even if I select all with C-a, new numbers appear a little below the others and again they are vastly off. ... I see 2520 (2520)'

So what fool mistake am I making here?

[attachment deleted by admin]

JohnZeman

You're looking in the right place, your screen shot indicates the current file window you had open at the time contained 2520 files but your filter limited the display to only show 1640 files, none of which were selected.  I'm guessing your filter was showing you more files than you expected?

JohnZeman

Just to follow up, if I were you I think my next step would be to change the sort order to sort by file extension just so you can verify your filter setting isn't showing you a few more files than you actually want.

BenAW

In the bar above the thumbs one of the symbols is for "Show Hierarchy".
You have selected "Show one level" as far as I can see.
I assume you have images assigned to more than one category so the count increases above the total number in your dbase.

In the Filter Panel you can select "Configure the Filter Panel".
One of the options is "Show All Panels". If you do this a Filter "File Format" is now also available.
Is easier to use than the one you currently use.

reader

Quote from: JohnZeman on July 03, 2013, 04:48:36 AM
You're looking in the right place, your screen shot indicates the current file window you had open at the time contained 2520 files but your filter limited the display to only show 1640 files, none of which were selected.  I'm guessing your filter was showing you more files than you expected?

The problem is there are only 1640 in the database

reader

Quote from: BenAW on July 03, 2013, 08:20:05 AM
In the bar above the thumbs one of the symbols is for "Show Hierarchy".
You have selected "Show one level" as far as I can see.
I assume you have images assigned to more than one category so the count increases above the total number in your dbase.
[...] snipped nifty tip for Configure the Filter Panel

Ok, thanks, as I monkey with it a little more it starts to make more sense.  Oh and that bit about displaying all filters and using that format filter is just the ticket.