Metadata template ?

Started by heicron, February 12, 2014, 01:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heicron

Greetings all,

Is there a syntax for a copyright template that will use the image date for the copyright panel?
When I begin to move from Ver 3.6 to 5 I will be bringing images in from previous years. Will I have to create a template for each year?

Thanks,

Joe

heicron

I solved the issue. After reading the help file it did not work until I realized that I was using lower case y.
I will be back with other questions later about how to bring in images from V3.6.
Joe

heicron

This is driving me crazy.
I do want to bring in images from other years. Is there a syntax to set the copyright date to image date instead of the application date?

Thanks

joel23

Quote from: heicron on February 12, 2014, 02:29:39 AM
This is driving me crazy.
I do want to bring in images from other years. Is there a syntax to set the copyright date to image date instead of the application date?

Thanks
Use for example EXIF date or whatever other date you got:
{File.MD.XMP::exif\DateTimeOriginal\DateTimeOriginal\0|format:YYYY}
regards,
Joerg

Mario

It would help if you would describe what you want to achieve, e.g.

I want to produce a copyright notice in my files which looks like

Copyright YEAR by MY NAME

and YEAR should be taken from the EXIF date of the image, or the IPTC date, or the XMP data. There are up to 10 different timestamps in image files you could use.

Tip: If you see the info you want to use in the Metadata Panel, use the Copy as Variable command from the context menu of the corresponding row in the Metadata Panel to copy the variable to the clipboard. From there, insert it into your Metadata Template.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

heicron

Thank you both. I cloned the Set Copyright template and inserted Joel's syntax for the copyright date. I tested it on single images from different years and it worked.
Mario, I wanted to set a copyright as your set copyright does but I wanted it to use the date the image was taken. I can do that now.
I will be looking forward to the final release of IMatch 5. Good luck on your continued endeavor and assistance with IMatch.

Thank you both,

Joe