Selection of workspaces

Started by JoeHolzwurm, July 01, 2013, 08:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHolzwurm

Hello,

I think that I will have to change my workspace depending on the things I want to do. At the moment I see the active workspace in the the header of the program. Would it be possible to change that simple "text" to a droplist where I directly can change the workspace?

JoeHolzwurm

Mario

You can change the workspace via the View menu easily enough.

A change like displaying menus or down lists in the caption bar of a window can cause a lot of headache, e.g. when users install unusual Windows skins, in Windows 8, for users with screen readers and whatnot. I'd rather stay away from that, unless there are many users who comment on this with a "wanna".
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JoeHolzwurm

I understand that you do not like to insert a droplist in the header and in other programs I would have implemented the droplist in the toolbar but IMatch does not have a toolbar. I think it would be very interesting to work with workspaces and I would create an workspace for each part of my workflow or the work which has to be done. So it would be interesting to change the workspace quickly and the way via menu is not quick.
Perhaps the droplist could be implemented in the menu bar.

Menace

Quote from: JoeHolzwurm on July 01, 2013, 11:21:49 AM
So it would be interesting to change the workspace quickly and the way via menu is not quick.
Perhaps the droplist could be implemented in the menu bar.

I am working with Wacom-Tablet and the workspace is for me like a "droplist": 2 Clicks:

1. "Ansicht" (click)
2. Hover over "Arbeitsumgebung"
3. "Standard" (click) => Currently I saved just 2 other workspaces, but more will come. :D

I need for this 3 seconds.
IMatch need ca. 10 seconds to build this new workspace. So I guess, even with a dropdown-Menue you wouldn't be faster, or?

Mario

In addition, workspaces can be select quickly via keyboard as well:

<Alt>+<V>
<r>
Number of the workspace as shown in the menu.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Menace

In addition, German-Version:

<Alt>+<a>
<r>

JoeHolzwurm

Nice how everybody defeats my idea.
1. The shortcut is no shortcut but a longcut.
2. I don't like the menu and in IMatch 3.6 I nearly never needed the menu.
3. There is no toolbar where a droplist could have been implemented.

=> I keep my idea best but surly everyone can have its own idea and way to work.

By the way: I like the program more and more but there are some little points where my ideas become stopped and I try to expand these limitations.  :)