Author Topic: Extended Photo Gallery Creator  (Read 4326 times)

beickeb

• New Members
Extended Photo Gallery Creator
« on: June 30, 2013, 08:25:26 PM »
The current script that I use most frequently is the Extended Photo Gallery Creator. I rely on it for building my web site, especially Ferdinands_Extended_Web_Gallery_Preset_v1_4. Considering that this script has been the work of several people, What is the likelihood that it will be ported over to iMatch5?

JohnZeman

• Global Moderator
  • I'm too damn old to act my age.
Re: Extended Photo Gallery Creator
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 01:19:39 AM »
I'm not at all familiar with this script but I would think it could be adapted to work with version 5.  I just got home from a long vacation and have a long list of work to catch up on but once I do get caught up if no one else has done it by then I can take a look at this script to see if it can be modified.

jch2103

• Oldtimer
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 01:35:51 AM »
IMatch 5 has many capabilities that used to require scripts. (I'm not familiar with the script you referenced.)

Check in Help for 'Batch Processor' to see if that will accomplish what you want to do for web export.
John

Ferdinand

• 100 years since I was shot and a war was started
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 04:24:17 PM »
The current script that I use most frequently is the Extended Photo Gallery Creator. I rely on it for building my web site, especially Ferdinands_Extended_Web_Gallery_Preset_v1_4. Considering that this script has been the work of several people, What is the likelihood that it will be ported over to iMatch5?

Migrating this script would be a lot of work.  Although I added some small amounts of code I don't really understand if.  I would be reluctant to attempt to migrate it on my own, even if I had the time.  I wonder if Jurgen is still around?

F.

stonecherub

• Ask the expert
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 06:52:00 PM »
Does anybody have any working scripts they would be willing to post? I learn programming by "reverse-engineering" something that works and then adapting it to my needs. I would rather not have to start from scratch (First, you must invent the universe). I'm a much better geologist than coder and I'm not a very good geologist.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 07:07:40 PM »
IMatch 5 ships with 40 or so sample scripts which demonstrate all aspects of IMatch 5 script programming.
Plus a bunch of sample IMatch 5 HTML Apps.

Or are you looking for something specific?

I did not port the web gallery script (which was once the starting point for all the scripts which spawned from it) for several reasons:
  • That script was written, I think, around 2006. At that time, there was little else.
  • These days we have Facebook, Flickr, pbase, smugmug, PInterest, Tumblr...
  • Many users run some sort of content management system for their web site, e.g. WordPress or Joomla or Mambo. These systems all come with built-in photo galleries
  • There are also free or cheap standalone apps which produce Flash or HTML5 galleries from photos. These usually integrate well with IMatch and you can just drag and drop your files to convert them into a gallery. Several of these apps even have support for metadata.
I don't plan to write another web gallery script. If I have some spare time (Hahhhhahahahhhhh....) I'd rather create some new IMatch Apps, maybe some uploader apps which make it easier to upload files from IMatch to web galleries. But even that is not really needed anymore because HTML 5 supports drag and drop and you often can just drag files from IMatch to the open browser window to upload them to your web site or web gallery.

stonecherub

• Ask the expert
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 08:02:21 PM »
Mario:

You have too much to do beside hold my hand. You say, "IMatch 5 ships with 40 or so sample scripts which demonstrate all aspects of IMatch 5 script programming. Plus a bunch of sample IMatch 5 HTML Apps." But all I can find are five metadata templates that, at this point, make no sense to me. Where are the others?

I downloaded IM5 last Sunday and have been playing with it a couple of hours a day but it has a learning-overhang for me, I do not find many things about it intuitive. So I go over and over the help file playing with it. I guess I should just keep plugging.

Thanks.

sinus

• Global Moderator
  • IMatch-User since 2001 (IMatch 3.6)
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 08:34:41 PM »

I downloaded IM5 last Sunday and have been playing with it a couple of hours a day but it has a learning-overhang for me, I do not find many things about it intuitive. So I go over and over the help file playing with it. I guess I should just keep plugging.

Thanks.

If you open the Script-Manager, there are some "folder", what have a "plus" and if you click on this, you can see some more scripts. The Folders are

System
 - Advanced Samples (5 scripts)
 - Internal (1)
 - Import % Export Plug-ins (2)
 - Samples (36 scripts)
 - Utilities (3)
 - dotnet (1)

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 09:47:59 PM »
The HTML Panel displays only HTML Templates and Apps.

To see the scripts available, open the Script Manager (View menu > Panels > ...) or press <F9>,<Y>  (F9 followed by Y).
Unfold the system scripts to see what's there (sinus listed them above).

And naturally there is the Scripting section in the IMatch help which took a lot of work (all these tables, sigh!) but is hopefully easy to read and understand. And full of small samples and code snippets.