Author Topic: Back to Photo Gallery Creator  (Read 3323 times)

beickeb

• New Members
Back to Photo Gallery Creator
« on: December 17, 2013, 11:05:39 PM »
Mario,

As I may be one of the few people who use the Extended Photo Gallery Creator, I figured I would have to look into doing the migration myself or keep running version 3. I've now got some time to work on this. As I review the script I have found the following comments in jfwg_core.cls (and imwg_core.cls): "'#Reference {5BAA3B30-7D07-46D2-948A-1551CBFD2BB4}#1.0#0#V:\Develop\imatch3\Dll\IMatchADT.dll#IMatch 3 Scripting Helper 1.0 Type Library" and "' This file needs the IMatch Scripting Helper type library!" IMatchADT.dll isn't in iMatch 5. Has the helper library been migrated to another dll in iMatch 5 and if so, what is the new reference point?

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Back to Photo Gallery Creator
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:14:25 AM »
Hi, beickeb

the two classes I supplied in this external type library (Collection and Dictionary) are now part of the IMatch object model. The classes are named IMDictionary and IMCollection. You can remove the reference to the IMatchADT library via the Edit > References menu command in the Script Editor (or from the source).

The new classes are (mostly) compatible with the old classes so there should be not many changes required to the script, if any. Please see the IMatch help on these scripting classes.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:19:10 AM by Mario »

beickeb

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 02:17:38 AM »
Thanks Mario. As I've been reviewing the script I found a number of calls to made to the iMatch 3 database class that are no longer listed in the iMatch 5 database class. Are these methods (Imagesorter,ApplyTransforms,IsFileOnline,...) no longer supported or have they been moved to other classes?

thrinn

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 09:08:11 AM »
There is a topic in the IMatch Help (Scripting -> IMatch 3 to 5 Migration Guide) that mentiones some changes to the object model.
For example:
Sorter (Replaces ImageSorter)
The Sorter class is now used to sort images, folders and categories.

Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Ferdinand

• 100 years since I was shot and a war was started
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »
IsFileOnline is now Online of the File class, although you could also perhaps use FileExists of the Application class.

I can't see the ApplyTransforms equivalent.  There have been gaps identified in the scripting object model, this may be another one.  You may need to make a feature request.

beickeb

• New Members
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 01:39:01 AM »
Thanks to Mario and Ferdinand for their clarifications. The database class is now much slimmer than the iMatch 3 database class. Many of the methods and properties that were once found in the database class will now be found in other classes. For older code containing references to the database class, you will need to search for suitable substitutes within the new object model.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 04:21:09 PM »
Most changes are documentation in the IMatch 3 to IMatch 5 scripting migration guide in the IMatch 5 help.
I tried to keep the interface as similar to the interface introduced in 2006, but there had to be some breaking changes (moving or renaming methods etc.)
These change were inevitable - and as a result we have now a much more stringent and flexible object model. Good for the years to come  :)