People manager: numbers not matching

Started by Mees Dekker, February 10, 2023, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mees Dekker

When in the peopleview all persons are listed on the left hand side of the screen and for each individual person it shows the number of files. Let's say for instance: 590 files, no unconfirmed faces). When I then open the facemanager for that person, the number of faces is shown as 411. The numbers don't match.

What could be the reason for this or is this a bug?

Mario

It can happen that the FM shows more files than the People View, if a person appears multiple times in a file.
The People View shows each file only once, but the FM counts the appearance in a file and thus will count a file twice when a person appears twice in a file. This could be improved, but how often appears a person twice in an image under normal conditions?

How there could be more files in the People View than shown in the FM, I have currently no idea. I don't think this was ever reported.

Please upload your database to your cloud space and send me a download link. I need to see the database and what IMWS calculates for the particular files (for one person? Many persons? All persons?).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mees Dekker

I'll send you a link to Dropbox.

Not all persons, only some. Could it be related to my "question marked faces"? Clearly something is wrong in my peoplemanager.

Mario

Figured it out. Resource error.
The number at the top does not count files, but faces.
If you have 50 files but 2 files have two faces of the person, the number shown will be 52.
I have corrected the spelling for IMatch 2023.

Can you please check if this is the case for you to?
For example, if you go to rejected and there are no rejects, the header must read "0 Files" (it should be "0 Faces").
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mees Dekker

I'm afraid I did not explain the problem clearly. See screenshot (I erased names en date of birth).

On the left hand side, the count is 590 files but when opening the face manager the count is 411 files (this should be "faces" but already corrected for the new release).

This is what I'm referring to when I say "numbers not matching")

Mario

IMatch is right. I just had to refresh my memory :-[

The person you have suggested has 590 files in the File Window. Which is correct.
But 179 of these files have only a link to the person, so no actual face. The Face Manager does not work with links, only with real faces. 590 - 179 = 411, and that is what the Face Manager reports correctly.

I've also looked into the gray ? icons (no face thumbnail) and used

P:\Foto's\Specials\Lies\2008\nieuwe camera 136.jpg

as an example (just one of the images of the person with 590 files.
I see in the database that there is a face entry, but it has neither vector data (no face recognized) nor a thumbnail.
Since I have only the database but not the images, that's as far as I can diagnose this with the IMatch UI. The rest was done in the database directly.

There are 1041 files without a thumbnail.
63 normal face records and 978 links.
Links don't have thumbnails or vector data, so this leaves 63 images which should have a thumbnail but have none.

I have created a list of file ids (attached) you can use together with the File Info app to locate these files. Use the Find File by Oid mode and use the oids from the attached list.

I have no idea at the moment why these 63 files don't have a thumbnail.
The oldest file has been last modified April 2022 and the newest in August 2022. If this rattles some memory.

I maybe will add some more diagnosis checks for this particular case to see if this is something that is common.
I've checked 3 of my databases, and they don't have this problem. But that does not mean that no other user out there has files with this issue.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator