[BBD] Relations not always detected

Started by Carlo Didier, February 04, 2023, 12:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Didier

When iMatch detects new folders and images, often the relations are not automatically detected, like my visual proxy definition.

The attached log file is from a session where I let iMatch detect and add a new folder. In that folder, there were raw files (RAF and DNG) and subfolders. One of the subfolders contains JPGs as visual proxies for the raw files. The relation works, but the visual proxies are not allways detected. 

In this case, the visual proxies for all RAFs and two DNGs were correctly detected, but not for a third DNG.
I tried Ctrl-A to select all files and then forced an update of the relations with F4,R and the option "Rebuild". No change.
Only when I selected only the DNG file and did F4,R and "Rebuild" again did iMatch correctly make the relation.

This happens quite often.

Mario

QuoteI tried Ctrl-A to select all files and then forced an update of the relations with F4,R and the option "Rebuild". No change.
 Only when I selected only the DNG file and did F4,R and "Rebuild" again did iMatch correctly make the relation.

This would indicate that something with your relation definition setup is wrong. Maybe the order in which they are applied is wrong or similar. If you force one master only to be checked for relations it works. Not when you do a full folder. This sounds like you have somehow created overlapping definitions which depend on the sequence in which the files are checked, or maybe multiple definitions which produce different masters or versions, depending on which file is scanned first (there is no order in which files are processed).

Double check your relation definitions.
If you have more than one, disable all but the one.
Do a F4,R on the folder so see if and what has changed.

Please understand that I would need the full folder with all files and all your relation definitions with all details to set up a test case here in the lab. Which takes a lot of downloads and a lot of time. And then I'll learn that the problem is in the definitions...
In the past with such problems, the reason was the user's setup not IMatch. So best to check that first.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Carlo Didier

Sounds like a good hint. I'll do some tests and post the results here.

Thanks!