[OFFICIAL]: Updated IMatch Web Site - Help me out.

Started by Mario, September 22, 2022, 10:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

Hi,

I've updated the IMatch web site (again), trying to present the main features of IMatch for potential new users.
I've tried to use the "show, not tell" approach, creating very short videos of the main features, with some explanatory text.

Please have a look at:

https://www.photools.com/imatch/

and let me know below when you find a typo or something that is not correct or sounds strange. I welcome your feedback.

Consider a person that has not heard about IMatch and just ends up on that page...
Does the page explain well what IMatch does?
The benefits the person would gain from using IMatch?

You all use IMatch, for a wide variety of reasons.
Did I miss YOUR personal reason for using IMatch? If so, let me know!

jch2103

Looks good to me. 

A few notes:
  • Search for file and folder name, date & time, title, description, keywords, persons, events, attributes and more in over 10,000 metadata fields.
  • Do you want to add something about searches for visually similar images?
  • An event can be anything: A birthday party, a photo shooting, a city trip or your families' [maybe 'family's' here unless you're thinking of a big family reunion kind of thing] annual vacation.
  • I don't use Auto Tagger; it worth saying more about it?

John

sinus

Quote from: Mario on September 22, 2022, 10:54:24 PMConsider a person that has not heard about IMatch and just ends up on that page...

I am not an english speaking person, hence maybe my comment is not interesting.
What I do not know with these starting sentences:

IMatch – The Digital Asset Management Solution
Start Managing Your Digital Assets Today.

For native-english speaking persons, is this very clear?
As an german speaking person, I see not really at the very starting, that IMatch is for Images (and documents).

If I am speaking with persons here, they do not really understand DAM or Digital Asset Management or Documents-Datenbank or whatever. They understand something with money, Vermögen or so ...

But if I say, "organzing images", then they say immediately "ah, interesting".

And also the first "moving" image on the new web-page shows not really a quick hint.
If the second image (on "known concepts") would be there, then it would be clearer for me.

But maybe for english speaking persons the current title is very clear, I do simply not know.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

I have made some enhancements based on your feedback.
New intro paragraph explicitly mentioning manage, organize, catalog and a more elaborate (while still short) first video.

sinus

Very good, Mario.
For me this is much better.  :)

I like the short "videos", very good informations (though a glance) in a very short time.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

photophart

Nice. Informative. Easy to read and understand. Seems to cover the enormous wealth of IMatch features. I like it!
Mark

mastodon

Very good, simly and attrative way to introduce the features.

BanjoTom

An excellent landing place for those who are just learning of the existence of IMatch.  And I agree that while "Image organization" is the obvious easy-to-understand way to lure potential users in, I also like the idea of quickly introducing newbies to the DAM concept. Managing MS-Office files and PDFs and MP3s and other documents is HUGE!
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

mopperle

Clicking on "Download Free Trial VersionNow" doesnt do anything. Not on FF nore on Chrome.

JohnZeman

Quote from: mopperle on September 24, 2022, 04:39:31 PMClicking on "Download Free Trial VersionNow" doesnt do anything. Not on FF nore on Chrome.
It works for me with Chrome, just tried doing a test download.

Mario

Quote from: mopperle on September 24, 2022, 04:39:31 PMClicking on "Download Free Trial VersionNow" doesnt do anything. Not on FF nore on Chrome.
Fixed, thanks for reporting this.