Copying text from IMatch Notepad

Started by Tveloso, June 28, 2022, 03:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tveloso

Currently, in order to select and copy text from the IMatch Notepad app, I must enter Edit Mode, and copy the desired text from the "Edit Panel" (where the MarkDown sometimes gets in the way a little).  The "Render Panel" does not allow text to be selected.

Is this something out of the ordinary on my PC?...(i.e. should the "Render Panel" also allow text to be selected and copied?)...or is this by design?
--Tony

Mario

Just an issue with the style sheet. Usually apps don't want to let the user accidentally select parts of the UI, because this looks strange.
The IMatch Notepad app inherits this as the default. Makes no sense, really.

You can fix this by opening the file c:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\webroot\imatch\apps\imatch-notepad\styles\app.css in Notepad and then change it like so:

body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100%;
  user-select: auto !important;
}

Add the red part.
Then click into the IMatch Notepad app and press <Ctrl>+<F5> several times to force a reload. You can now select the rendered markdown content and copy it.
I will make this change for the next IMatch release.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Tveloso

Thank you so much Mario.

The user-select line did the trick!
--Tony

Darius1968

About c:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\webroot\imatch\apps\imatch-notepad\styles\app.css
The webroot directory isn't visible.  How do I make it so? 

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

Oh, I should have already mentioned, before I posted here, I had already made sure File Explorer was set do display hidden files/folders. 

thrinn

C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\webroot is the default directory. Did you check if you changed this directory? See Preferences screenshot...
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Darius1968

Thorsten -
What your screenshot shows is exactly what is configured in my IMatch too.  The problem is that that directory is configured to be hidden, and as such, my File Explorer refuses its display.  Add to that, when I set the switch in File Explorer to allow hidden files/folders, it has no effect. 

thrinn

Ok, but even if the directory is not visible, you should be able to start Notepad, File > Open, then just paste the complete path c:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\webroot\imatch\apps\imatch-notepad\styles\app.css, and open the file? Does this not work for you?

I made a quick test, creating a hidden directory TEST under webapps and copy some css file into it. The TEST directory is not visible in the File Open dialog of Notepad, but as long as I know that the complete path is C:\ProgramData\photools.com\imatch6\webroot\TEST\app.css, I can just paste it in and open the file.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Darius1968