Tagging Persons directly via constantly showed Window

Started by vsammy, June 24, 2022, 07:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsammy

Hi,

I work a lot with face recognition and tagging people, which is already one of the strengths of iMatch and also a main reason for my use of this great program.

Is there actually a way to directly select people, for example here in a constantly shown window next i.e. to the tab Standard, User, *and just possibly PERSONS*? (see attached picture)

That would speed up the process considerably.

At the moment I work like this.
1.) Automatic face recognition.
2) If no face is recognized, manually draw a frame around the face, select the green question mark and then select a person.
3.) If the face looks away from the camera (head from behind), then "Assign people" - then a window opens where I select a person from the list.

Or is there a more speedy way...?

Many greetings

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Mario

You assign persons to faces using the F2 key which opens the person selector dialog. You can <tab> between faces for quick navigation.

This dialog lists the most likely persons as determined by the AI - you can assign persons from this list via the keyboard shortcuts <1>, <2>, ...
This dialog also lists the most recently assigned persons, which you can assign using the keyboard shortcuts <A>, <B>, ...

This usually makes assigning persons very fast, unless you constantly jump between more than different persons, which may make the recent list less useful.

You can assign frequently used persons to the annotation gallery (see User Annotation Gallery).
This allows you to place annotations for these persons with a single mouse click. Then just drag over the face instead of manually drawing a face rectangle.

Person Links are placed via a c comfortable dialog which allows you to link recently linked persons quickly via the Recently Assigned Persons and Quick Access features.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

vsammy

Hello Mario,

You can assign frequently used persons to the annotation gallery (see User Annotation Gallery).
This allows you to place annotations for these persons with a single mouse click.

Thank, this is a quick way to make that process easier!  :)

QuoteThen just drag over the face instead of manually drawing a face rectangle.
Drag? I can just click it, and a rectangle is drawn in the size I have "saved" the person in the Annotation Galary.

QuotePerson Links are placed via a c comfortable dialog which allows you to link recently linked persons quickly via the Recently Assigned Persons and Quick Access features.

Is there a possibility to place this window next to the User Annotation Galary i.e. as a further tab?

Greetings
vsa

Mario

Quote from: vsammy on June 25, 2022, 10:40:11 AM
Is there a possibility to place this window next to the User Annotation Galary i.e. as a further tab?
No.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

vsammy

Helle Mario,

Thank you for your answer.
Purely from the work process, I personally would find this option a great relief.

Thanks to your description above, I can focus around my centered image, look at whether the automatic AI has at least detected all the people, then correct the missing people (who do see into the camera frontally or from the side) with
A) drawing the missing box and assigning the corresponding person
B) for the favored persons, with the help of your tip above in the next tab (User Annotation Gallary) simply select the person and only adjust the rectangle
C) and here now comes  my idea of a third tab for those persons who I would Tag with Person link (for me for all persons whose head is turned away from the camera). This would be very helpful at least for me to speed up the work process.

Do you think I could add item C to the wish list?

Greetings vsa

Mario

As always, feel free to post a feature request in the feature request board.
Other users can comment and +1 and we'll learn how many other users consider this to be a problem that needs a solution.
If a sufficient number of users would consider this an improvement, I'll look into this.

Keep in mind that you can select any number of files and assign persons to all files at once.
At least it you know which persons these files contain and you don't need to look at each file in the Viewer one-by-one to tell.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator