Simple on-line photo album?

Started by mastodon, May 17, 2022, 10:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastodon

I would like to make thematic photo albums online with infos about when, where and what (maybe who). About 50-100 jpg (max 10 Mb) photos or so. I just need some simple filtering option for these fields (date/time, location, maybe events and people) and simple search. Certainly I would use my photos tagged by IMatch. It is for showing some family pics on an occasion.
Please, suggest some site, that would do this for free or for a very low price.

JohnZeman

I moved this topic to a more appropriate forum.

I've used myalbum.com for a free online photo album and it's worked well for me.  Here's a link to an album I made with it a few years ago.

https://myalbum.com/album/c344XMLnfE36

Jingo

Probably more fancy than you need (and I also serve it online via my online host) - but my Gallery App will handle all this for you (and more!).  https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=9370.0

mastodon

Thanks, it looks promising. Which web privider do you suggest to use?

ubacher

I use D&P for such cases and I produce a pdf file which I can mail off - or make accessible
in cloud storage.

sinus

Quote from: ubacher on May 19, 2022, 09:20:11 AM
I use D&P for such cases and I produce a pdf file which I can mail off - or make accessible
in cloud storage.

Me too. I lerned, that my collegues and family do look at a pdf, but if I send a link with a gallery, they tend to say "again something new, I do not know this" and they do not like it really.
A great advantage of a pdf is also, that we can print it easily. We can also look at it on mobile devices, etc. ...

And the D&P from IMatch is very good and you can do a lot with your images.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Jingo

Quote from: mastodon on May 19, 2022, 08:12:32 AM
Thanks, it looks promising. Which web privider do you suggest to use?

I have bounced between 3 host providers over the past 20 years... depends a lot on pricing models, 24/7 chat support and features.  I am currently using Hostinger.com having switched from webhostinghub.com.  Really liked webhostinghub and was with them for 8 years... the only reason I switched is because they wouldn't budge on pricing when my 4 year renewal was up.  I tried and tried and tried with them.. but they wouldn't offer me anything close to a new subscriber price (which they did upon my first renewal).  So, I made the jump to Hostinger which is also a highly rated company... the 4 year savings was nearly $400.   The thing I don't like about Hostinger - they use a custom HPanel instead of the industry standard CPanel front end... not as many features and not as easy to use.. but for my simple company (and personal) needs - it has all I need.

The thing I like about the gallery is that I can keep adding to it and when I provide access to new family and friends - they can see all the previous albums and photos I have created.  It also allows family members to upload their own photos so I can also see their images and becomes a family/friend sharing place.

I'm a huge fan of PDF files too... but typically only use them for "one time" things like a holiday card or "what's been going on" type thing.

Anyway.. hope this helps.. lots of options out there!