Author Topic: Linked person problem after database diagnosis  (Read 398 times)

cg

• New Members
Linked person problem after database diagnosis
« on: March 25, 2022, 06:31:03 AM »
The last time I ran a database diagnosis, I received 249 warnings:

. . .
 Warning: File [46228] face [76206] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Warning: File [46236] face [76200] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Warning: File [46358] face [76185] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Warning: File [46423] face [76192] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Warning: Face [76976] for file [64125] has no annotation object. Face removed.
    Warning: File [101841] face [75724] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Warning: File [101847] face [75727] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Warning: File [101896] face [75822] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Warning: File [102091] face [76077] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Warning: File [102092] face [76079] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
. . .
  Warning: File [179893] face [78304] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Warning: File [179972] face [78279] has a mismatch in face/anno sort order.
    Warning: Removing 1 invalid entries from face index.
    Warning: Anno Face region found in file [34329] with invalid face link [77800]. Face link removed.
    Warning: Anno Face region found in file [71950] with invalid face link [76620]. Face link removed.
    Warning: Anno Face region found in file [81099] with invalid face link [99882]. Face link removed.
    Warning: Anno Face region found in file [81100] with invalid face link [76557]. Face link removed.
    Warning: Anno Face region found in file [81101] with invalid face link [99883]. Face link removed.
    Warning: Anno Face region found in file [81102] with invalid face link [76558]. Face link removed.
    Warning: Anno Face region found in file [81243] with invalid face link [99885]. Face link removed.
    Warning: Anno Face region found in file [81244] with invalid face link [76559]. Face link removed.
    Warning: Anno Face region found in file [81245] with invalid face link [99886]. Face link removed.
    Warning: Anno Face region found in file [81246] with invalid face link [76560]. Face link removed.
. . .

I often see a lot of "mismatch in face/anno sort order" warnings that disappear when I run the diagnosis a second time. But this time, I checked the OID of several of the files with "Face link removed." warnings and found that the linked person square in the upper right had turned from blue to a green square with diagonal line through it. The name was still listed under it, but no longer appeared in my "PersonInImage" tag. Several are also now green with a ?.

What might have happened to cause this? How would I go about finding and fixing these files, as there are several hundred files that now have the annotation but don't show up as People in the filter?

Thank you!

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Linked person problem after database diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 08:53:00 AM »
Please don't copy/paste large segments of log file data in your posts.
The important info is missing, and this also fills the community search engine with rubbish.
Always ZIP and attach the entire log file.

No idea. Sounds like you are using face links instead of real face annotations, and IMatch for some reason found them invalid and converted them into real face annotations.
We need to know under which conditions this happens. E.g. what you do with face annotations, how you create the links, if you use copy & paste, the gallery.
Just do what you normally do, run the diagnosis after each step to learn what is causing this.

cg

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 05:56:13 PM »
Thank you, Mario.

I use face annotations for most images, but linked faces in a few cases where someone is the subject of photo but is not fully visible. I have also been using it for pets, as the face recognition doesn't work with them (I don't expect it to) so I have no trained faces for them and instead use the linked persons to manually tag them.

In this case, it seems to be from a large batch of images that I used ^M-L to link to. They are .ORF files, which I'm assuming may be part of the problem, though it hasn't happened to other .ORF files. And it's the first time a large number of tags had a problem.

I'll continue working and pay attention if it happens again to see what might cause it.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 06:05:48 PM »
Did you add the links to these files just recently or a while a go? (I recall a possibly related bug fix for links from some time ago).

cg

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 06:30:07 PM »
Looking at the history of the file, it says the Annotations were changed on 13 Mar 2022. That was the only time Annotations were changed. Other metadata changes have been made back in Sept. and Aug. I eagerly await new iMatch versions and stay up to date.

Is the Event History supposed to also contain which metadata tags or annotations were changed? The description field in all of the events is empty.

I THINK this tag problem may have happened after writing the metadata back.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 06:32:51 PM by cg »

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 06:36:36 PM »
Do you use versioning and propagation?
Do you use the default metadata options in IMatch?
I have never got warnings when writing back files containing face links, RAW or otherwise.
Must be something special. Every detail matters.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 06:38:51 PM by Mario »

cg

• New Members
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 07:15:49 PM »
I do use versioning and propagation. All .ORF files have a camera-generated .JPG file, so I work with buddy files and versions OFF in filters. (I did notice while investigating this that not all the data I wanted to propagate was set to propagate, so I have changed that by checking more metadata categories in the preference to propagate from ORF versions, but I have not re-run a metadata write-back yet.)

The only metadata option I have changed is Preserve date/time of original file set to Yes (I am aware of the different opinions on this from other threads)

I get many mismatch in face/anno sort order warnings in the log when I run a diagnosis. I'm not sure what errors I received during the last write-back. I believe many of my .ORF files have .xmp files with them that iMatch created (?) in August when I first imported them. I don't think they all have .xmp files.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2022, 08:18:35 AM »
The only metadata option I have changed is Preserve date/time of original file set to Yes (I am aware of the different opinions on this from other threads)

This is very bad, don't do that.
This means that Windows does not change the "last modified" file timestamp on disk, which may cause issues with backup, IMatch detecting changes etc.
This option is meant for one specific purpose and not to be used in general circumstances.

cg

• New Members
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 05:59:55 PM »
I have changed that setting. Do you think that may have caused this issue?

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2022, 06:19:16 PM »
I doubt it.
Keep an eye on your face annotation workflow. Maybe run a diagnosis after every step until you figure out what's causing this.
Tip: Hold down <Ctrl> while clicking Start in the diagnosis dialog. This skips the IMPORTANT analysis step, but makes the diagnosis much faster. Don't skip this regularly, just for this problem finding.

cg

• New Members
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2022, 03:33:16 AM »
Thanks, Mario. Since this issue may have happened during metadata write-back of the ORF files, is there a way to capture all of the exiftool output during write back to analyze?

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2022, 08:20:51 AM »