Easy access to Person Editor?

Started by happysnapper, February 24, 2022, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happysnapper

I LOVE IM :-*
One of the best and my most used feature in IM is face recognition. I photograph a lot of musicians who pop up as members of various bands and at multiple venues and festivals etc. I run face recognition on a folder and it works brilliantly most of the time.

One of the most useful features is the ability to add a keyword in "person editor" and have that keyword automatically applied to all files that feature an annotation for that person. If a face in an image has not been recognised for some reason and I decide to open the file in viewer and "add a face" I select the face and if the name is not already in the list I give it a new name and  use "F2"   which opens "Person Editor"  where I add the persons name as a keyword. The problem comes when the name applied already exists in the list and selecting it applies the name but there is no way of opening "Person Editor" in this situation to add the name as a keyword.
   The current workaround for me is to open the People view search for the existing face name, select it then use (F2 or enter) to open Person Editor to be able to apply the keyword.
  The problem is opening the People view replaces the currently focused images in the Active File Window with all the confirmed and un-confirmed images. After entering the keyword the People panel has to be closed and the Media and Folders tab activated to carry on working.
The solution. Add a go to  button to the "Who is This" panel.

I'm no programmer but I imagine as additions go this might be fairly simple.
Anyone else have thoughts on this.

Mario

I guess this post belongs into the feature request board.
I will move it there so other users can comment.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

happysnapper

Thanks Mario I did debate whether I was right or wrong

happysnapper

Another thought on my above comment.

Since the problem is only applicable to faces that have already been identified and will already have the full name and tag fields entered in the "Person Editor" perhaps a better way is to have a tick box in preferences> metadata   eg. save people name to People Editor keyword field.

If this was implicated it would avoid having to open the editor, re-type the name, enter the name into the field then having to scroll up or down to save tab.

If like me you have many hundreds of people in images this would save an immense amount of time.

Mario

I don't understand your last post, sorry.

I have added a command to the annotation context menu which opens the Person Editor when a face annotation with an associated person is selected.
Keyboard shortcut is F4,E.
See #1661 in https://www.photools.com/release-notes/.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

happysnapper

Hi Mario,
  thanks for coming back to me. 
see att.
Is this the annotation context menu you refer to?  If this is where the command will be added it will be perfect, thank you so very much.

Don't worry you didn't understand my previous post I guess no one else did either, but I bet a lot of customers will find this useful.

I know you don't like faces appearing on here so I mocked this one up, face recognition is not that clever....Yet.  ;)

Again thank you for your unmatched service especially when dealing with dummies like me.

happysnapper

Don't know what happened to the attachment. The file appeared in the choose file box

Mario

With the next version, you can open the Person Editor from this menu (the right-click context menu for face annotations). Or via <F4>,<E>.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

happysnapper

That's how I understood it, thanks again Mario. That will be brilliant and save me a lot of stress and time.  8) 8) 8)