Author Topic: Copy&Paste by assigning people  (Read 65 times)

vsammy

• New Members
Copy&Paste by assigning people
« on: January 14, 2022, 07:39:00 PM »
Hello Mario
Is this a bug or intended?
Here's what happens when I have a series of images with the same people on them and I select the faces but also assign people. When I copy&paste the entire person markers (green) and person assignments (dark blue), when I paste it all becomes person assignments (green).

Personally, I find this unattractive... because I often assign people when a person is not looking at the camera (e.g. with his back to the camera, etc.).

vsa

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Copy&Paste by assigning people
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 08:16:36 PM »
Eh...?

Green, blue... Do you mean face annotations. And blue would be linked person perhaps?
And you deliberately copy a mix of normal face annotations and linked persons, somehow?

To make this clear: Linked persons are a crutch. Useful for quickly get a large batch of images linked to a person, but no replacement for real face annotations.
The system might decide to convert it into a manual face annotation when you copy & paste links. Just how it works. No difference, really. A manual face annotation is as good as link.
If you don't like this, don't copy links. Place new links if you really don't want to use real face annotations. Which I don't recommend.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 08:23:27 PM by Mario »

vsammy

• New Members
Re: Copy&Paste by assigning people
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 10:41:27 PM »
Yes, those are probably the technical terms I meant colloquially. Exactly. I use Linked Persons when the people in the picture are looking with their backs to the camera.
I thought it might be a bug, but you've now described it as normal behaviour.

vsa