A possibility to change the fonts in favorites individually

Started by sinus, December 21, 2021, 09:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

I work more and more with Favorites.

Therefore I have quite a lot. I am aware, that I can change the color, use icons and so on.
And that we can use different panels.

But nevertheless, say we have a kind of workflow, say a bit like the attachement (from the help).
In this example we have not a lot of favorites, I can see 4 favorites have a color, seems to be something important, and the hotel also.
Then I can see some icons.
But if we have e.g. double and more from favorites, then it is more difficult to highlight some important favorites (e.g. in a workflow).

Then at some point it doesn't help much that we can use different colors and icons to highlight individual favorites.

Would it take a lot of effort to make the font bigger and bolder?

Therefore I ask for a possibility to be able also change the font-size for favorites individually.

If it is very complicated, ok, then it is like it is.  :)

(or maybe there is another clever way, I use also numbers, icons and colors to use some "step to step" - favorites, but I think, different font-size would help more).

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Different font sizes means different heights for the favorites and maybe even different widths.
This would complicate the layout management substantially. Not sure if this is worth it, it's basically a rewrite of the fav panel...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

I find that the size (spacing) of the favorites is substantially different in different tabs.
Have not found an explanation for this.

Mario

They automatically arrange, depending on the width of the panel, the fav names used etc.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

I think, the favorites are getting more important, because we can do a lot with them.

And after the introduction of your "automation", the value of the favorites has increased even more for me.
After all, with the help of the favorites I can trigger something with a single press of a button that would otherwise require several mouse and/or key presses.

And therefore they are very useful, more and more.  :D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Quote from: sinus on December 21, 2021, 11:40:57 AM
And therefore they are very useful, more and more.  :D

Sure. But you have colored boxes, you can color the entire favorite, you have different icons...do you really think that many users will ever need individual font sizes for Favorites?
Let's see how many +1 your request gets.

Maybe I'll rewrite the Fav panel as an app someday - then almost everything would be possible, style-wise.
Maybe something to consider for the IMatch 2022 roadmap.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator