lock map GPS location by default

Started by chupacabra, December 16, 2021, 02:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chupacabra

The marker shown on the map by the GPS coordinates of a photo can be accidentally moved (I managed to do it while figuring out how the map worked). Once the marker has been moved, there is no UNDO (ctrl-Z does help). I could find no way to reset it and had to copy the GPS coordinates from a backup version of the image.

It looks like it is possible to lock the marker so it can't be moved. Would it be acceptable to lock the marker by default instead of leaving it unlocked by default?

JohnZeman

I do agree this can be a problem and I would also like to see a way to lock previously assigned GPS coordinates for an image so they cannot be changed unless the lock is disabled first.

However when this happens, and it happened to me earlier today, you can undo the reassignment by selecting the image and doing CTRL+SHIFT+F5 then choosing Reload Metadata providing you have not yet written the metadata back to the image.

Mario

Edit menu > Undo undoes the change. Just tried.

Or clicking on the big green undo button in the Map Panel toolbar:

Since the map and all the Javascript code running is provided by the map provider (OSM, Google, Bing or HERE) it is not always easy to somehow "wiggle in" custom keyboard shortcuts.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook