Author Topic: Time Wiz page not populating  (Read 192 times)

photokal

• New Members
Time Wiz page not populating
« on: October 14, 2021, 03:08:45 AM »
Hi, Mario.

Not sure what's going on, but my Time Wiz app isn't functioning properly. I'm not sure if it is something I did or as a result of the 2021.10.2 update. I know it had worked great in the past - I love that tool. I was looking forward to the new functionality.

When I select a single or multiple file and start the app it opens but doesn't display any data. Only "T_SELFILES_PLURAL". See screenshot

Steps I've taken:
  • Time Wiz no longer works on single or multiple files.
  • I've done a database diag and compacted as well
  • Closed and restarted IM
  • Even reinstalled the latest version!

Other apps, such as the Metadata Mechanic, work fine.

I've attached the current log - set to debug when I ran the TW app
No errors in the App output panel.

Please let me know what other information you need.

Thanks.
--Alexander
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 03:11:54 AM by photokal »

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Time Wiz page not populating
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 09:32:46 AM »
Looks like the TimeWiz has run into a problem. Not sure.

Did this happen before?
Does this happen independent from the files you select before running the Time Wiz?

When you left-click into it and press <Ctrl>+<F5> several times, does this change anything?

Please open the Time Wiz in your web browser. Right-click on the TW icon in the App Manager and choose "Open in Web Browser".
In the browser, press <F12> to open the developer tools. Make sure the "Console" tab is visible.
Press F5 to reload the Time Wiz. Do you see any error messages or warnings in the Console?

photokal

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 08:54:35 PM »
This did happen before. I don't remember if it was before I updated or not, however. Sorry about that. It happend a week or so back. I was trying to finish up a project and when the TW didn't work, I just updated the few images' dates manually. Forgot about till I tried again yesterday. Sorry I can be more specific on timing.

It doesn't matter what files are selected. I've tested with one file and multiple files. If tired NEF, TIFF, & JPG all with same result.

I opened the TW and pressed <Ctrl>+<F5>. Same result.

When I run in the Web browser, however, I did get 3 errors. I've captured the console output and attached.
BTW: Just to be sure, I tried running in Chrome as well. Same result. (FF is my default browser)

Thanks!

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 09:47:06 PM »
It appears you have used a custom metadata tag as the target, using this tag:

tagcustom={File.MD.XMP::xmp\CreateDate\CreateDate\0}

which looks like a variable, not something you have selected from the Tag Selector via the ... button.

I've tried to deliberately reproduce this by selecting the same tag you have used (which, incidentally is the same as the standard "Date Created" from the drop-down list) and added the extra { and } (which are not inserted by the Tag Selector).
But even then, the TimeWiz just comes back with an error message and I can correct the problem.

Not sure what else you did?

photokal

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 10:27:20 PM »
Hmm, very strange. I must have copied that from the vartoy, perhaps? Strange that I just don't get an error.

Is there a way to clear that? I tried re-installing Imatch over itself and that didn't clear it. Is there a properties file or other that I can clear/delete to reset to your default supplied values? Or would you suggest a full de-install?

Thanks.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 11:01:20 PM »
The TimeWiz stores it settings in the IMWS storage database (default: "C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\config\imws-storage.db").
This database stores data from all the apps.

I did not anticipate that a user could somehow break the TimeWiz and there is no clear TimeWiz settings only feature.
The bad tag key does not break the TimeWiz here, so there is probably something else that happened.

You can send me the database to support email address and I can delete the setting manually. Include a link to this thread (I get many emails per day).

photokal

• New Members
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 02:40:40 AM »
Done! Thanks.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2021, 02:22:17 PM »
I have transplanted you TimeWiz settings into my own settings database to see where the Time Wiz breaks when loading the data.
This allowed me to fix this (I did not anticipate this particular problem).
I have attached an updated version of the TimeWiz.

I then tried to send you the updated TimeWiz app so you can continue to work.
Unfortunately, you are using Google mail, and the mail bounced back. The Google Nanny does not allow users to exchange ZIP files containing JavaScript. Sigh.
And probably I will see now ads for anti-virus software for a week on every web site graced with Google ads. Damn.

I have attached the new Time Wiz below.
Download the archive an unpack it. Then replace the “time-wiz” folder in c:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\webroot\imatch\apps with the contents.
The Time Wiz then works again, switching back to the default “Both timestamp” settings.

photokal

• New Members
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 05:06:01 PM »
Thanks, Mario.

Worked like a charm and I was able to clear out my bad expressions. (though I had to act quickly to get rid of the custom tag) Looks like I had value in the "set from variable" option.

Sorry to have messed it up so badly.

Sorry Gmail is such a pain. I'll make note to give you a different e-mail for that in future, if needed.

Thanks again. You (and IMatch) are amazing. Keep up the good work!

-Alexander

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 07:05:41 PM »
(though I had to act quickly to get rid of the custom tag

This issue has been resolved.
The existing invalid tag is now properly wiped when the Time Wiz fails to load the requested tag.

Thanks again. You (and IMatch) are amazing. Keep up the good work!

Thanks. Spread the word. Let others know about IMatch!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 07:11:57 PM by Mario »