Author Topic: TimeWiz: Cannot set a time zone without adding a time shift  (Read 193 times)

Asgard

• New Members
TimeWiz: Cannot set a time zone without adding a time shift
« on: September 15, 2021, 07:03:16 PM »
IMatch 2021.8.10

I have some files with correct local time which I want to add a time zone for. However, Timewiz requires one of the radio buttons "Shift Date and Time", "Set from Variable" and "Set Absolute Date and Time" to be active. I don't want to do anything about the time value, so I'd prefer to not use any of the alternatives, but I tried to enter a 0 time shift to achieve the same goal. However that is not allowed, and the green "Apply Changes" button cannot be pressed.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: TimeWiz: Cannot set a time zone without adding a time shift
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 08:12:54 PM »
I recommend to set the date and time from the corresponding variable when all you need to do is to shift the time-zone.
Or shift the time by one second, which should do no harm?

I will look into this and maybe rewrite the entire validation routines to allow for only a time-zone shift.
This was not part of the TimeWiz spec, because you can achieve this easily by setting the time from a variable and adding the time-zone offset as needed - if this is the only change you need.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 08:18:20 PM by Mario »

Asgard

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 08:25:28 PM »
Yes, that works, and is good enough for me, but the limitation seems unnecessary. I suspect simply adding a timezone is a common use case. Wouldn't it be simple to allow a 0 time shift or to use a checkbox for time setting, like the one for time zone setting? I understand it's a small issue, but perhaps it could be changed if you ever need to do other work on the TimeWiz?

Edit: I realize you addressed this question in your modified answer, so disregard this :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 08:33:49 PM by Anders SunegĂ„rd »

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 01:12:16 PM »
I have enhanced the Time Wiz so it now allows all fields in Shift Date and Time to be empty when the Change Time-Zone option is enabled.

Asgard

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 02:38:40 PM »
Much appreciated! Thank you!