Author Topic: People in Event  (Read 170 times)

twe

People in Event
« on: September 12, 2021, 08:16:25 PM »
When adding people in event, they are not saved when clicking ok. Next time i open the event I get "No persons are associated with this event yet."

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: People in Event
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 08:33:29 PM »
Works here. No similar bug reports either.

What exactly do you do, in which sequence?

twe

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 08:44:12 PM »
If I create a new event from selected files, and choose the People tab, and click on "people in event"....and choose a person from the list, and then click ok, no event is created.
If i first create an event from selected files, and then open and edit the event, choose the people tab, and add a person via the "people in event..."  a person is added, but after clicking ok, no person is added. Choosing layout, Cover files and persons, shows no persons in the event. When editing the event again, and select the People tab, I get "No persons are associated with this event yet."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 08:58:27 PM by twe »

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 07:59:17 AM »
I tried to reproduce that, but it worked.
I create an event from a set of files, add a person, click OK and the event is created, with the associated person assigned.

When this happens on your system, did you switched to the Event View before or did you then switch to the Event View for the first time?
What happens if you click the "Refresh" button in the Event View. Does the new event show up?

twe

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 02:07:16 PM »
I created a new test database with only a few photos and 2 people, and got the same problem.

1. Select some photos in "Media & Folders" view, and from context menu select "Create event from selection"
2. In Event Properties tab i fill inn a title, and in People tab i choose "people in event", select a person and click OK.  All windows close, and no event is created. Tried refresh...nothing

1. Create an event from selection, give it a title and click ok. A new event is created.
2. Edit event, choose people tab, click on "people in event.." select a person (tab display: People 1), and click ok.
3. Edit event, choose people tab, and see "No persons are associated with this event yet." Tried refresh, still no persons associated.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 02:54:39 PM »
Strange.
I cannot reproduce this and I see no related bug reports.

Any error messages or warnings in the log file (see log file)?
Maybe close IMatch and clear the cache folder: Delete C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\browser when IMatch is not running.

twe

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 03:22:00 PM »
Deleted the cache folder and did the same test and got the same result. No event, and no people associated.
No errors or warnings in the logfile.

I can send some screenshots and debug logfile to support address.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 04:28:56 PM »
The screen shots would not help, and if the log file has no errors or warnings, this would not help either.
If you can reproduce this with your small database, maybe send the database, zipped?

I have tried to repro this on 3 computers today, and I cannot see any problem.

twe

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 04:52:29 PM »
Ok. Database zipped and sent to support address.

twe

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2021, 08:27:44 AM »
Installed trial version on a laptop. Same problem. No event is created when I select people in event.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 10:55:58 AM »
Interesting. This was never reported since IMatch 2021 was released. And I still cannot repro it.
Your database is in the queue.
Since I have tons of emails to answer and many are of the "My metadata does not work in IMatch, please analyze my files modified with these five applications and tell me what to do to make it work" kind which may take 10 minutes or two hours of my time to answer :'( , it can take a few days before I can look into this. Hopefully your database allows me to reproduce this.