[IMA2020.14] Synonyms not assigned within map module

Started by Rene Toepfer, June 12, 2021, 01:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rene Toepfer

I have created several places within the map module and set the places with right mouse button -> "Standortkoordinaten auf alle...". For these places I have set keywords and one of them is "Köln". "Köln" will be assinged to the image but not the synonym of "Köln". As far as I understand, a synonym should be added if a corresponding keyword is selected. I tried to set the synonym of "Köln" like a keyword but it did not work.
The synonym has been set in thesaurus and will be assigned if I select "Köln" in keyword panel.

How can I add the synonym of a keyword using the Places of the map module?

Mario

The location assigns exactly the keywords you add. It does not perform thesaurus lookups or does mapping.
If you want more keywords to be assigned, add more keywords to the location (including possible synonyms).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

I have e tested this today.

I have a location with the keyword WHERE|COUNTRY|France.
In the thesaurus, this keyword has the synonym "Frankreich".

When I apply the location to an image, both the keyword and the synonym are added. Works as designed.

The same is true for the new keyword links feature in IMatch 2021.
When I add a link to WO|LAND|Frankreich,

WHERE|COUNTRY|France
WHERE|COUNTRY|Frankreich
WO|LAND|Frankreich

are added when I apply the location to an image.

This works when I use the Apply Location in the Map Panel and also via the new dedicated Apply Location command in IMatch 2021.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Rene Toepfer

Quote from: Mario on June 21, 2021, 09:44:27 AM
When I apply the location to an image, both the keyword and the synonym are added. Works as designed.
If I use the Keyword Panel it works as expected.

Quote from: Mario on June 21, 2021, 09:44:27 AM
This works when I use the Apply Location in the Map Panel
This is what not works. I have following keyword:
Ort|Deutschland|Köln
Synonym for Köln: Stadt met K (see attachment 2021-06-23_20-26-16.png)

The a.m. keyword is entered at the Location, please see attachement 2021-06-23_20-21-25.png. If I use the map panel and apply the location to the selected images, the keyword(s) will be added but not the synonym.

Mario

Works here. Most likely something changed for IMatch 2021.
After setting up "Stadt met K" as a synonym for "Ort|Deutschland|Köln; Ort|Deutschland",

applying the location via the Map Panel or the new Apply Location command results in:

Let me know if it still does not work when you have IMatch 2021 installed (once it becomes available to the public).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator