APP: Store & Load Results

Started by Jingo, July 03, 2021, 12:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Hi All... a recent forum post (https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=11477.0) got me thinking about the power of result windows.  One of the bigger "complaints" is that result windows are not persistent across runtime sessions (most of us just save the images to a category/bookmark/pin)...  but I thought - perhaps I could write an APP instead.  So... I wrote an APP!   8)

The App is working and currently offers basic functionality (save result window/load result window).  I am hoping to beef it up a bit with some additional functionality before posting it to the community.  The app will locate a result window and save the results to a user.config file within the DB so, in future sessions, you can load the user.config and your saved result file will be reopened in a result window for you... neat!

Some items I am working to add:
  a) save/load multiple result windows (individually or as a group)
  b) choose the result windows from a list
  c) merge/combine result windows
  d) rename a result window

Coding for this took me about 3 hours... once again - it is amazing what IM has to offer a basic javascript programmer .. kudos per usual to Mario!    Stay tuned!!

The All important APP Icon is below...   :)

If you have any ideas/thoughts for features, please let me know and I will try to entertain them if possible.   

sinus

Hi Jingo
a brilliant idea.  :)

I have just for some time underestimated the result windows, but in fact they are very cool.
Your ideas sounds great, save-load is of course cool.

And specialy I would like c, merging result windows. I thought often, that this is a pity, that it is not possible.
IMatch offers some very good stuff natively, and within Apps.
But all has some advantages, what in the end does not help me really.

I would have to work first with your app  ;D but it sounds really very cool. If this is possible, I could imagine, that I would work often with this.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Carlo Didier

Mario

I persist results sets in a categroy hierarchy via the button in the Category Panel ("create category from selection").
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

I store result sets in events.
Adding and removing files is the feature I miss most.

sinus

Quote from: ubacher on July 04, 2021, 07:02:35 AM

Like me.
But event-windows offers not all thing, what normal windows does.

The beauty from result windows are, that I can simply jump to them, with the full power of the file layout.
For example, if you use categories, but you work also with other categories, you have always to scroll and jump to other categories.
That is why for me result windows are very good.

And the proposed enhancements from jingo would be even better.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Quote from: ubacher on July 04, 2021, 07:02:35 AM

You can easily add and remove files to and from file-based events (<U> to remove, copy & paste or drag and drop to add more files). Same as for categories.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook