Protect unwritten metadata

Started by frlindla, May 17, 2021, 09:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frlindla

What is the default value here?

Mario

Have you considered clicking on the "Default" button? It restores all defaults.
If you don't close the dialog with OK, these changes are temporary.

I believe its "Yes", "No", "Yes".
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

frlindla

Thank you. I tried the default button and it seems like the default is like you said.

I ask because I recently noticed a problem with one of our iphones. I imported photos into Imatch to a import folder. I added metadata and run the renamer. But then after a while I saw that some files had changed the date and time to wrong date and time. So I tried ctrl+shift+F5 and then reload metadata. Then it was right again. But then after a while it had changed again.

PS: When running the reload metadata command, Imatch tell me that I have the protect unwritten metadata on. So that`s the reason why I ask for this. Could this be the reason to the problems? But the problems seems to just be with one of our iphones, not the other.

Mario

I don't know about the source of the problems with these files.
Check How IMatch uses Date and Time Information and The Metadata Analyst in the IMatch help for some starting points.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

frlindla

This is a copy from one of the files analysed by the Metadata Analyst:

Metadata Analyst Results. Version 2020.14.2. 5/18/2021 12:23:31 AM
File analyzed: D:\BILDEARKIV\2021\2021-05-Mai\2021-05-13-Skogstur-Solhomfjell-Nissedal\2021-05-13-174703-IMG_1866-075951.JPG
Errors: 0
Warnings: 16

Warning: [System] File has unwritten metadata (pending write-back).<br/>The metadata loaded from the image and the data in the database may not match.
Warning: [GPS] Date missing.
Warning: [GPS] Time missing.
Warning: [Legacy IPTC] DigitalCreation timestamp missing.
Warning: [XMP] Embedded XMP record (14.4.2) and XMP sidecar file (XMP Core 6.0.0) found.
Warning: [XMP] XMP-exif GPS Altitude missing.
Warning: [XMP] [ExifIFD]:DateTimeOriginal not mapped to [XMP-exif]:DateTimeOriginal (embedded).
Warning: [XMP] [ExifIFD]:DateTimeOriginal not mapped to [XMP-photoshop]:DateCreated (sidecar).
Warning: [XMP] [IFD0]:Copyright not mapped to [XMP-dc]:Rights (sidecar).
Warning: [XMP] [IFD0]:Orientation not mapped to [XMP-tiff]:Orientation (embedded).
Warning: [XMP] [IPTC]:Caption-Abstract and [XMP-dc]:Description (embedded) mismatch.
Warning: [XMP] [IPTC]:Caption-Abstract and [XMP-dc]:Description (sidecar) mismatch.
Warning: [XMP] [GPS]:GPSLatitude not mapped to [XMP-exif]:GPSLatitude (embedded).
Warning: [XMP] [GPS]:GPSLongitude not mapped to [XMP-exif]:GPSLongitude (embedded).
Warning: [Detailed Validation] [minor] IPTC TimeCreated too short (6 bytes; should be 11)
Warning: [Detailed Validation] GPS tag 0x001f GPSHPositioningError requires GPSVersionID 2.3.0.0 or higher

Mario

This file has both an embedded XMP record and a sidecar file.
IMatch does not create XMP sidecar files for JPEG files. Do you have a RAW with the same name as the JPEG in the same folder? This would explain the extra XMP file.
Or do you use Mylio?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator