Author Topic: PDF files: a metadata problem on PDF: Author  (Read 210 times)

Mees Dekker

• Translators
  • Mees
PDF files: a metadata problem on PDF: Author
« on: May 05, 2021, 06:02:42 PM »
I have some 24.500 pdf files stored in a separate database. All of them were created some time ago, together they are the archives of a magazine, dating back to 1832 (!)

Each of them have a name written in the field "PDF author". But as can be expected, typo's were made in this field (knipsel24). So I tried to change some of these names, using the metadata panel. That works quite good: "van Aken" can be changed to "Van Aken, S." (knipsel25). When I open that file in Adobe Acrobat, the properties show the correct (changed) name of the author (knipsel26). The correct name also comes up in the metadata panel. So far, so good.

However: even after writing-back the name and reloading the metadata, the name of "PDF: Author" is unchanged/not updated and by consequence: the data driven category isn't changed/updated either.

Am I missing some clue here or is this a bug?

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: PDF files: a metadata problem on PDF: Author
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 06:06:26 PM »
It is always helpful if you attach the actual PDF. Screen shots don't tell me that much.
Did you look at the metadata in the PDF in the ExifTool Command Processor? The Metadata Analyst? Anything unusual?
Native PDF metadata? XMP metadata?

Mees Dekker

• Translators
  • Mees
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 09:29:51 AM »
I did send you some pdf's through the normal mail.

Mees Dekker

• Translators
  • Mees
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 05:31:45 PM »
Any news here?