Author Topic: IMatch did not shut down properly last time message  (Read 182 times)

JohnZeman

• Global Moderator
  • I'm too damn old to act my age.
IMatch did not shut down properly last time message
« on: May 04, 2021, 03:32:54 PM »
For the past several months I've had an occasional "IMatch didn't shut down properly last time" error message when I'd start IMatch each morning.  It didn't happen real often, maybe once a week but it was pretty consistent.  Database diagnostics afterwards never found any problems.

So about a month ago I began manually closing my database before closing IMatch and rebooting my computer.  After the reboot I put the computer to sleep until the next day.

Doing this seemed to solve the problem, at least until last night.  After several weeks of successful shutdowns and reboots I never saw that error message again until this morning.

Fortunately in addition to manually closing my database before closing IMatch, I had also started to do a manual save of the session log file each night before I shut things down.

I have attached both the manual save of the log from last night, and the error message log of the session IMatch had automatically saved and prompted me about this morning.

This next is just a wild guess on my part, but it seems like maybe I didn't wait long enough to close IMatch after manually closing my database?

I'm leaving for work now and won't be unavailable for most of the day so it might be tomorrow before I can answer any questions.

Thanks Mario.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: IMatch did not shut down properly last time message
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 05:26:40 PM »
Both logs end with the entry

Clearing CEF cache

which refers to IMatch deleting the cache of the Chromium Browser (aka Apps) during shut-down.
Maybe this takes exceptionally long on your system. Clearing the cache is usually not needed (unless you develop IMatch apps yourself and face caching issues).

Set Edit > Preferences > Application: Clear browser cache on exist to "No"

IMatch clears the browser cache automatically when a new version is installed.

thrinn

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 05:58:56 PM »
I also have this error from time to time. But mostly after I tinkered with my own apps. My impression is that it might be problem if I shut down IMatch while in debugging mode in an external browser window. Maybe only after the app produced some errors, thus not releasing all resources - I don't know. My conclusion was always that my own app was the culprit...
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 06:19:24 PM »
Not sure.
The external browser does not use the IMatch cache of course.
After cleaning the cache, IMatch does some other things, too.
Disable the cache clearing and check if this changes something.

JohnZeman

• Global Moderator
  • I'm too damn old to act my age.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 04:26:20 AM »
Set Edit > Preferences > Application: Clear browser cache on exist to "No"

Thanks Mario.  I've changed that setting and I'll see if I still have a problem.  :)

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 08:58:25 AM »
Very well.

The browser cache usually has a few hundred files any allocates maybe 50MB - depending on which apps you use, how long it was not cleared.
There should be not much of a delay clearing it - unless maybe something (virus checker!) kicks in and brings things down to a crawl.
Maybe delete the C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch6\browser folder once yourself, while IMatch is not running.