Finding files with "an incomplete keyword hierarchy"

Started by PandDLong, April 16, 2021, 11:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PandDLong

I have a keyword hierarchy for birds that has a specific branch  - 'birds|waterfowl|ducks' and then a number of sub-elements for types of ducks - eg. '...ducks|buffleheads'.

I went through and quickly catalogued a number of pictures and where the type of duck wasn't obvious I just keyworded it as 'birds|waterfowl|ducks'.

Now I want to go through and take the time to identify the specific type of duck and update the keyword to add the sub-element.

How do I find those pictures that were keyworded for 'ducks' but not a specific type?   In a data-driven category it would fall into the 'other' group but not sure how to make that work for keywords?

I am sure there is a way to do this but I seem to have Friday afternoon brain...

Is it also safe to say that my approach was not a good strategy and I should create a keyword for 'ducks|unknown' to handle this in the future.

Michael

Jingo

What I do for this is:
  1 - select the birds|waterfowl|ducks category from the @keywords branch
  2 - turn on: Show only directly assigned files from the hierarchy drop down

I too follow a similar keywording because there are many birds/plants, etc that I may never identify... but - I know it is a duck at least!

Enjoy!

PandDLong

Thanks - sounds perfect.

I am clearly having a couple bad days because I can't find the 'show only directly assigned files' option.    I tried various menus and drop-downs but no luck.  I also searched help but couldn't find it.

Can you give me a little more info on how I get this "hierarchy drop down"?

Michael

thrinn

See here.
I am not at my PC at the moment, but I think this is what you're looking for.

Edit Sorry wrong link. Search for File Window in the help, then for Viewing Categories in the File Window.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

PandDLong

Got it.

I wasn't looking for the option in the file window panel - I will add that this was the first time I've noticed or used that pull-down menu in the file window.  Something new!

Another great feature has been identified.

Thanks so much for your help.  It is very appreciated!

Michael

Jingo

Sorry.. should have included a link to the help or a screenshot for clarity... glad it is sorted!  Enjoy!!

Mario

There is even a dedicated The 'Did You Know?'' topic for this.
If you have not used it yet: This app contains a many useful tips for many IMatch features!

The 'Did You Know?'' is yet another attempt of me to reach users and tell them about features they might not know yet.

I've created it because I know that many users never use the IMatch Help System unless they absolutely have to. We are all lazy  ;)
Unfortunately, this also means that many users never discover IMatch features that might be helpful or save them lots of time.

'Did You Know?' packs a lot in a small space, with small, easy to read topics. And, according to telemetry data, it is the most often used app (counting app starts, not how many topics users actually read).

Here is what it has to say about showing directly assigned files in the File Window:
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook