Author Topic: Face recognition: option 'Show only persons with unconfirmed faces.' not working  (Read 185 times)

ct.chat@mnet-mail.de

• New Members
In the People view the option 'Show only persons with unconfirmed faces.' seems to be working not correctly.

When I activate this option I still can see several records with the comment 'x files. No unconfirmed faces'.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Maybe there are unconfirmed faces from other persons in these images. Can you check this?
Also, run a database diagnosis to check for potential issues.
Under which conditions do you experience this? Images with one face or multiple faces. Rejected faces? ...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 07:03:59 PM by Mario »

ct.chat@mnet-mail.de

• New Members
I ran the database diagnosis but it didn't change anything.

Then I checked the images associated to some of the persons in question:
Actually your assumption was right: The option filters only persons if their list doesn't contain any unconfirmed face.

From my point of view it is a somewhat misleading because you activate the filter "Show only persons with unconfirmed faces" but you get a list with persons with the subtext "x files, No unconfirmed faces"

But now understand at least the concept behind this button.

Thanks.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
My guess last night was wrong. This was actually a different bug. I have added a big fix for the next release.

The reason for the problem is that the People View loads most data only on-demand, when needed.
Images and other expensive data is only loaded when you scroll the  person into the visible area of the people view.
This includes the calculation of how many unassigned faces a person has. Consider large databases with hundreds of thousands of faces...

When toggling the "only unconfirmed" button, the required data for some/many of the persons has not yet been loaded and thus the filter runs with partial data only. This is kinda random.
I have changed the app so it now loads all missing data when the user toggles the switch for the first time, or again when person data has changed since the last attempt.

If this is important for you, I can send you the updated files and you can install them on your PC. Else you will get them with the next regular IMatch update automatically.