Started by Aubrey, January 31, 2021, 04:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

I'm using AND with rating pins.
I cannot get only one image to appear.
See screen capture attached.
Image IMG_3773_MOD has red AND green pin
Image IMG_3789_MOD has red pin only

In filter ratings I have selected Red AND Green pin. Therefore I would expect that only IMG_3773_MOD would be selected?
Is my understanding of AND incorrect?

Aubrey.

Mario

This filter groups dots, pins, flags and processes them "together" when you use AND with other collections like labels or ratings.
You cannot use it to filter for specific combinations of pins. Pins are rarely used, and adding the ability to combine them separately via this filter would not only complicate the user interface but also the internal processing.
Besides, a file can have only one pin. So no file exists which has a green AND red pin - the result would always be empty.
If you need this kind of functionality, consider using 3 categories instead. Or maybe flag, dot and pin.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

That's fine. I was only using the pins as a temporary measure when checking for duplicates. I can use a mixture of flags and dots equally well.

I might also use temporary categories as you suggested, it might make my workflow easier...
Thanks,
Aubrey.