Adobe Brdige setting

Started by Mees Dekker, December 27, 2020, 10:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mees Dekker

I use Adobe Bridge (CC) for the initial download of my pictures. From there on I use IMatch as the central hub for my workflow that includes Geosetter (for GPS related actions), Photoshop (for editing) and QImage Ultimate (for printing) for the rest of my workflow.

In Adobe Bridge CC there used be a way to keep all settings (like to what folder the pictures should go, which set of metadata to apply, etc), but at some point in time I lost that. Can't recall when that happened (new version of Adobe?, new computer?), but it is kind of annoying to have to apply all these settings every time I download some pictures.

Anybody out here who knows how to create some sort preset of settings in Adobe Bridge CC for downloading pictures onto my computer?

loweskid

Do you still have the older version of Bridge on your system and if so does it still work as expected?

If it does still work with the older version then try re-installing the newer version.  If I remember correctly I think it asks you if you want to import your settings from the older version (though I might be getting mixed up with Photoshop).

Failing that there's probably a user settings file somewhere but don't ask me where!

Mees Dekker

I don't have te older versions, since I switched to a new computer.

How would a user setting file look like? What extension?

Bartman66

Funnily enough, I found a solution to this last night.

See this thread on Adobe Forum.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/bridge-photo-downloader-does-not-retain-settings/m-p/10292191#M12479

Basically, its create the directory  "
C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge CC 2019"

Replace Dave with your username.

Mees Dekker

Fantastic, thank you for this very simple solution. It solved the problem that, however not very important, was nevertheless quite annoying. Run Bridge as "Administrator".

Aubrey

What does Bridge bring for downloading images.?
I just copy and paste images from sd card (laptop built in card reader) into a temporary folder processing and let imatch ingest.
I then apply my renaming function Crtl F2
If I have GPS (from Android app geotag photos) I will open this in the mapping F9 P, then apply GPS to all images.
Later I'll keyword. I'll run DxO images that are worthwile. Then later move to my year/month folder.

I don't want to get into a w. Flow discussion, just interested to know what Adobe Bridge brings to the table... Am I missing something? (jealous.  :) )
Aubrey

Carlo Didier

Quote from: Aubrey on March 29, 2021, 02:30:21 PM
What does Bridge bring for downloading images.?
I'll chime in as I also used Bridge for a long time (and still use it, though now my main workflow goes through C1).
Bridge (as other applications) is very useful if you want to fist review, purge, select, develop, etc images before ingesting in iMatch.

Mees Dekker

It is really a matter of what you are used to.

Bridge  comes with the Adobe package for Photographers and is updated regularly. I only use it for transfering files from my cards to a preset folder and in the process it also applies my copyright etc. So: it is basically a "one button"  solution.

But I am fully aware of the fact that this can be done in other aplications as well; probably quite as good. But this is what I'm used to do and I don't want to "change a winning team".

Aubrey

Mees, Carlo,
Many thanks for your input. I don't use Adobe. I think I'll continue with no changes, Bridge would not bring anything to the table for me.
In fact after posting I came across a post from "Sinus". My workflow is rather like his. I wonder if I copied his workflow some time in the distant past?

Aubrey.

Carlo Didier

Quote from: Aubrey on March 31, 2021, 12:26:51 PM... In fact after posting I came across a post from "Sinus". My workflow is rather like his. I wonder if I copied his workflow some time in the distant past?
Be careful what you write here ... he might sue you for copyright infringement  :D :D :D

sinus

Quote from: Carlo Didier on March 31, 2021, 07:42:30 PM
Quote from: Aubrey on March 31, 2021, 12:26:51 PM... In fact after posting I came across a post from "Sinus". My workflow is rather like his. I wonder if I copied his workflow some time in the distant past?
Be careful what you write here ... he might sue you for copyright infringement  :D :D :D

;D ... where is the rofl - smiley?  ;D

Well, I have "published" (sounds that offical, what I do not want) my workflows several times. Some did copy some parts of it, and this is cool.
I tend to create "perfect and complicated" workflows (I think Mario and others go more the kiss-line).
But, creating a complicated workflow automatically means that you have to know IMatch relatively well. And that, in turn, is an advantage in many situations.

And regarding workflow, I can always recognize here and there that something is not necessary or can be replaced with something simpler. That's why my workflow changes here and there every now and then.

But basically I do it like Aubrey (I think):

All my images go into a single folder.
It can happen that I put a whole folder into this import folder, but usually only files.

This import folder is read in automatically by IMatch.

And IMatch offers me already in the collections (as an example) different options, to see all images from today.
But I rarely do that, but have created such in the categories by means of formulas, because that corresponds better to my workflow.

And then I rename these images with Renamer - Presets and so on...

I used Bridge once in the past for some time (especially regarding color profile matching), but then I didn't see any further benefit and don't use Bridge anymore since years.

And IMatch? Runs and runs and runs ...   :)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Aubrey

Whew, looks like I'm not going to be sued for use of workflow and copyright infringement  ;D ;D

I'll now have some money to buy IMatch 2021!

Quote from: sinus on April 01, 2021, 09:00:03 AM
;D ... where is the rofl - smiley?  ;D
It would be nice to have this smiley!

Quote from: sinus on April 01, 2021, 09:00:03 AM
And IMatch? Runs and runs and runs ...   :)

Yes it does.

A.

sinus

Quote from: Aubrey on April 01, 2021, 10:02:34 AM
Whew, looks like I'm not going to be sued for use of workflow and copyright infringement  ;D ;D

I'll now have some money to buy IMatch 2021!

;D 8) :)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus