Mario, your IMatch Clipboard is simply ...

Started by sinus, November 25, 2020, 07:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

COOL!

Why did you not say this earlier?  :o 8) ::)

Of course a joke from me:  ;) I am sure, I simply have oversee it.
And to be honest, I found it not on my system. Hence I thought, ok, maybe something went wrong, is not that importang.
Then I have see your sentence in the helpfile:

If the IMatch Clipboard panel is not visible, you can open it from the View > Panels menu or with the keyboard shortcut F9,B

and voila, that was it. Now I have it.

I think, this is one of the things, what I have never detected in IMatch.
If I had not read it now in the realease notes (I have just now, a bit late, updated), then I would have missed it still longer...

This app seems to be very handy.  :D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

This is a common problem...not sure how to deal better with this.

How to let users know about new and cool features?

@All Users: If you have ideas, please let me know below.

• Many users never read the release notes.
    Or they read them after installing a new version, and then life gets into the way and they forget about new features
  • I usually also add a new DYK (the 'Did You Know?'' App) entry to inform users about new features.
    But many users don't use the DYK, or only occasionally
  • I could announce new features on my Facebook or Twitter, but only a few users follow me in these channels.
    Not worth the trouble (yet). Although, the new user generation discovering IMatch is much more affine to FB and Twitter. So this might evolve in the future
  • I could setup a real "release" newsletter, which I then send out weekly to my user base.
    But I would need to make all users accept the newsletter with a "double opt-in" and sending bulk emails and reach customers without risk of being flagged as a spammer costs real money!

The IMatch Clipboard was born in project hell and has helped many users and myself to reorganize large collections or organize, de-duple and clean up image sets.
You may not need it all the time, but it's so great when you have to reconcile between folders or categories, just want to transfer or 'save' a selection etc.
Now that it remembers files between sessions, its even more useful.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on November 25, 2020, 07:39:40 PM
    • I could setup a real "release" newsletter, which I then send out weekly to my user base.
      But I would need to make all users accept the newsletter with a "double opt-in" and sending bulk emails and reach customers without risk of being flagged as a spammer costs real money!

I would think, this is a good idea.
    Of course, if the users read it, is another question.

But I would send it not weekly, only maybe every two, three weeks, or even every month.

Just my feeling.
    Markus

Mario

I have to pay money per recipent in order to avoid being flagged as a spammer and I need to send each email at least 4 times to reach between 40% and 60% of the recipients...
    Neither affordable nor helpful.
    I restrict paid emails to the few occasions where it really counts, e.g. for new major version releases or end-of-service announcements.

Every user interested in IMatch news can follow me on Facebook or Twitter. Maybe you even see the posts I make, if Facebook bothers to put them into your feed.
    -- Mario
    IMatch Developer
    Forum Administrator
    http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on November 25, 2020, 10:21:28 PM
    I have to pay money per recipent in order to avoid being flagged as a spammer and I need to send each email at least 4 times to reach between 40% and 60% of the recipients...
    Neither affordable nor helpful.
    I restrict paid emails to the few occasions where it really counts, e.g. for new major version releases or end-of-service announcements.

Every user interested in IMatch news can follow me on Facebook or Twitter. Maybe you even see the posts I make, if Facebook bothers to put them into your feed.

Hmmm.
    I responded simply on your sentence:

@All Users: If you have ideas, please let me know below.

And my point, what I have referred, was one of your four points. If this is no option, then I would leave it like it is.
    At least for me IMatch-News are no problem, roughly 95% of the news or changings and so on I will read about it here on the forum and in the release notes. I see you on YouTube and follow you on twitter.

And related to the release notes: I usually read really 99% of them  8) why I missed this App, I do not know.  ::)
    Because release notes are important for me, because they could touch my DB.

For example the new Batch-processor - change (Batch Processor Text Overlays) did change two of my templates, I had to correct them. Hence release notes are important.  :)
    Markus

Jingo

in this day and age.. I'm afraid that the best way to hit your audience is via Video (youtube channel), Facebook and Twitter.... for me, videos are how I evaluate software these days... so, a 5 minutes video showing screens and discussing the features would be ideal.

Mario

-- Mario
    IMatch Developer
    Forum Administrator

BanjoTom

I read many/most of the new posts as they come along, and they often let me know about IMatch features I have not yet used.  So after seeing what Sinus had to say, I enabled the IMatch clipboard for the first time this morning, and I am (again!) delighted at the functionality i find there!

I expect I'll use this feature a LOT!  Thanks, Mario, and also to you, Sinus!
    — Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

sinus

Quote from: BanjoTom on November 26, 2020, 04:18:33 PM
    I read many/most of the new posts as they come along, and they often let me know about IMatch features I have not yet used.  So after seeing what Sinus had to say, I enabled the IMatch clipboard for the first time this morning, and I am (again!) delighted at the functionality i find there!

I expect I'll use this feature a LOT!  Thanks, Mario, and also to you, Sinus!

My pleasure, Tom.
    All possible with IMatch.  :D Just had today installed the new version for one of my brother (he decided to buy the newest version) ... he was overhelmed of the lots of functions.
    Markus

Mario

Quote... he was overhelmed of the lots of functions.

The trick is to start simple, with the basic add folders, search, work with keywords & metadata.
    Then to explore what of the other features may be useful for you - now or maybe later.
    -- Mario
    IMatch Developer
    Forum Administrator

imfan

I usually read all the updates, but sometime I dont have time to try out all the new things listed and all of a sudden, a next update shows up.
    So I make notes about new fetures that might be helpfull to me.

But:   it sure would be nice, to pirint out (yes, I am old fashioned) the update news or at least saved them.

Using Firefox, print does not work (well at least not for me), because of the separate window insdie the webpage I guess, just the first 2 sides are beeing printed.

A real .pdf file would make things easier and I can color mark whatever is in my interest to test out the new features, save them in a folder, print pages etc.

Mario

Quote from: imfan on November 27, 2020, 08:07:41 AM
    Using Firefox, print does not work (well at least not for me), because of the separate window insdie the webpage I guess, just the first 2 sides are beeing printed.
    A real .pdf file would make things easier and I can color mark whatever is in my interest to test out the new features, save them in a folder, print pages etc.

Right-click into the release nodes and then choose "This Frame > Open in New Window". Then print to a PDF.
    -- Mario
    IMatch Developer
    Forum Administrator