Stacking based on a parameter

Started by Aubrey, November 24, 2020, 11:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

When bracketing files one usually does say, ev: -2 ,0, 2. Or even -2, -1, 0, 1, 2.
Quite often these files will be stored as a stack. If the files are recorded as explained above then to stack with 0 ev on the top becomes a little laborious; so as to make sure that 0ev is the last item selected for the stack.

It would be nice to simply highlight all the files in a stack and have the 0 ev (or whatever user chooses) appearing on the top of the stack (i.e., stacking based on a parameter)

(I know that some cameras allow one to select the bracketing order so that can mitigate the issue).

I wonder how many others would find it useful to have stacking based on a parameter?

Perhaps for IMatch 2021?  ;)

Aubrey.

Mario

Do you know that you can automatically stack files based on EXIF timestamps, GPS data and arbitrary variables, e.g. exposure compensation... Auto-Stacking
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Quote from: Mario on November 24, 2020, 12:50:37 PM
Do you know that you can automatically stack files based on EXIF timestamps, GPS data and arbitrary variables, e.g. exposure compensation... Auto-Stacking
No that you mentioned it, I remembered. IMatch is "almost" too rich.

I think that automatic stack should be sufficient

This enhancement should be listed No Further Action.

Thanks,
Aubrey.