File Protection starting to drive me crazy

Started by timoteo, November 19, 2020, 04:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timoteo

I'm in the middle of my 30 day evaluation of iMatch and have run across a feature that annoys and confounds me - File Protection.

Is there a way to COMPLETELY disable the write-protect feature until and unless I knowing enable it? I even would want to disable any keyboard shortcuts that deal with it and only change it by selecting the option from a menu. I sometimes hit the wrong key while typing (I get in a hurry or get kind of hyper when things start to go to hell and I hit the worst key combinations by accident!).  I won't ever use it and hate it when it my images get hidden like that!

timoteo

as a follow-up (I don't see a way to edit my post), I clicked on the second (bottom-most) shield icon on a photo thinking that was what turned my photos red but it didn't do that. I don't -think- I'm enabling and disabling Protected Files Visible by accident. I haven't been able to enable it from the keyboard even when I try.

Mario

The shield icon at the left bottom of thumbnail panels allows you to mark a file to be protected.
The corresponding keyboard shortcut is Shift+Alt+P.

I understand from your post that you often accidentally click on the protection icon? Then I recommend you enable the icon lock in the File Window. This prevents you from accidentally running commands by clicking icons. You need to hold down <Alt> in addition to trigger the icon command.

The keyboard shortcut Shift+Alt+P is quite hard to hit accidentally. There is no way to disable keyboard shortcuts.

With F9,0 you can make all protected files visible. This keyboard shortcut enables the visibility for the entire session.
In the protected files collection (Collection View) you can see all protected files and un-protect them with Ctrl+A and then Shift+Alt+P.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook