Data Driven Category Tree (Selective Enumeration - Counts)

Started by Darius1968, June 28, 2020, 11:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

Consider, for instance, the Camera Make/Model Data Driven Category that ships with IMatch:  Sometimes, the makes/models have tens, hundreds, or thousands of files, but other times, there may only be 1,2,3, or several.  So, with this in mind, would it be possible to somehow have IMatch enumerate the Make/Model DD Category, such that only the tree-nodes containing a specified number or numeric range of files be allowed by the filter to be drawn?  Thanks. 

Mario

You mean only generating the child category if there are more than n files for that category?
Then no. There is no such option. You can "fold" multiple values together, e.g. to group all images from several models into one category.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Darius1968

I know there is certain 'Category Voodoo' that is possible in the filtering that would say, let all of the Canon models that are of their EOS type be lumped into just one category, instead of having each EOS model be in a separate node.  What I want, however, is to have the tree just spit out the nodes containing just one file (or a group of fines, from 1-n).  This way, I can have an easy way of selecting those nodes all together at once, because I don't have to do Ctrl-Clicking, to miss the nodes that have many files in them.