Sync photo in file windows vs viewer

Started by dkyndt, June 06, 2020, 12:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkyndt

Hi,

I have noticed that when you watch photo's in the viewer, the shown photo is not automatically selected in the file window
It would be helpful, I this way you can scroll through the photo's in the viewer. If then de shown photo is auto-selected in the file windows, it's easier to change metadata/keywords/faces, because you see the picture larger than the thumbnails in the file viewer.

thrinn

Did you check the corresponding option in the Preferences > Application tab? Just search for "Viewer" > "Focus current file on close".
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Jingo

Quote from: dkyndt on June 06, 2020, 12:15:03 PM
Hi,

I have noticed that when you watch photo's in the viewer, the shown photo is not automatically selected in the file window
It would be helpful, I this way you can scroll through the photo's in the viewer. If then de shown photo is auto-selected in the file windows, it's easier to change metadata/keywords/faces, because you see the picture larger than the thumbnails in the file viewer.

Try using the Quick View Panel instead of the viewer... you can make it any size you'd like and it responds in the file window exactly as desired.

Mario

Which file the Viewer selects when you close it depends on several factors.

The command you use to close the Viewer.
If there was only one file or multiple files selected when you opened the Viewer.
If the file last selected in the Viewer is in the current scope.
I think explained in the Viewer help topis so I don't need to repeat it here.

Easy: Select one file and open the Viewer. Navigate. Close Viewer. The last viewed file is selected.
The "Select current on close" option mentioned by thrinn is enabled by default.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook