Started by mstief, December 10, 2021, 01:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mstief

hallo!

I like to have some infos of images in a selected folder

like:
25 files
5 files with unassigned faces
2 of 7 files with gps, but without location (reverse geocoding)
9 files without keyword
10 files with pendig writeback
and so on.

Its a little bit like the dashboard, but only for a folder or selected files...

Is there a app or a panel?

Mario

I doubt many users will ever have the need for such custom per-folder statistics. And even if, I'm sure every user would want to see different statistics and reports in such a per-folder dashboard.
Why do you need to know all this info for each folder?

The number of files is displayed next to the folder name and also in the File Window caption bar (top right).

Use the People Filter to see only files with unassigned faces (order other face/people-criteria).
This will also update the file count in the File Window caption so you can see that number per folder by simply switching folders.

The Collection Filter allows you to filter for files with pending write-back if you really need that info per folder.
Filter for files in the Pending Write-back collection to see only files with pending write-back in the current scope (folder, category, ...).
Alternatively, use the File Properties filter and enable the "Hide files with pending write-back" and the "Invert" option to see only files with pending write-back.

IMatch automatically organizes your files in the "IMatch Workflow Category" hierarchy by criteria like "No Keywords" or "No GPS Data".
Just use a Category filter for any of these category to see files without keywords in any folder. This will also update the file count in the File Window caption.

Using the existing categories like "No Keyword" or "No Title" as an example should allow you to create your own categories based on your own criteria.
For example, if there is no city, the file has not been reverse geo-coded. This makes it very easy to find these files and to create a category from them. If you combine this with a folder filter or you use this category as a filter in the Media & Folders View, you can get exactly the info you want.

See The Filter Panel for information about filters.
Keep in mind that you can save often used filers and recall them later with a single click.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

I agree with Mario that this kind of info can all be done by filters.
Having a set of filter presets is all you need.

I made myself a set of filter presets which allow me to show different "quality" problems i.e.
missing cataloging or metadata data.

Mario

Quote from: ubacher on December 10, 2021, 04:16:04 PM
I made myself a set of filter presets which allow me to show different "quality" problems i.e.
missing cataloging or metadata data.

Some people do the same using variables and custom file Window layouts.
It's easy to show some sort of icon when e.g. the headline is empty or the city (no reverse geo-coding).
sinus does a lot and some others too.
This way you can immediately see which files need work.

If you keep things tidy, you usually need to process the files shown in the IMatch Workflow category hierarchy to immediately deal with newly added files with problems.

The Quality Panel in the Dashboard allows you to do custom quality checks for the entire database.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Jingo

Quote from: Mario on December 10, 2021, 04:38:42 PM
Some people do the same using variables and custom file Window layouts.
It's easy to show some sort of icon when e.g. the headline is empty or the city (no reverse geo-coding).

Here is mine... easy to see data just by looking for "on" and "off" icons...

mopperle

Nicely done! As I'm quite lacy in doing such things, would be nice to see (screenshot) what variables and how you used them.  ;)

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

sinus

Quote from: Mario on December 11, 2021, 03:13:12 PM
I recommend to start with Using Custom Icons in the File Window and Tune Your File Window Layouts in the IMatch knowledge base.

Yep, a very good source.
The latest, I think, about this, was in the workflow-section, with some variables, I think.

https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=10752.0

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Jingo

Quote from: mopperle on December 11, 2021, 02:58:05 PM
Nicely done! As I'm quite lacy in doing such things, would be nice to see (screenshot) what variables and how you used them.  ;)

Since these are a bit tricky to manage and learn how to to do, take a gander through the help and Markus's post first... you'll want to get comfortable with how the variables are set up and work before attempting... good to learn a bit of the syntax before just bouncing right into doing it yourself IMO.

BTW: you can find my layout.idml in this post... https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=11686.msg83898#msg83898 - or you can search as I've shared the code in many posts over the years. 

Enjoy!

mstief

mopperle

@Super Hero Jingo: thx for the file; a very good starting point.