Author Topic: Filter Panel - Rating filter not working correctly  (Read 85 times)

Gerhard

• New Members
Filter Panel - Rating filter not working correctly
« on: May 21, 2020, 12:22:25 AM »
I'm not so sure about version 2020.5.2, but in version 2020.5.4, the filter panel has problems with the "Rating, label & Collections" filter.
If I select the no star icon (no rating), in the past, I got all pictures with no rating.
Now, I don't get any pictures. Inverting the filter however returns all pictures. Using the no flag symbol works too. Files with rating work as expected.
Even if I turn off the text file filter, I get the same faulty result.

I have attached a screenshot of the filter panel as well as an excerpt from the logging.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Filter Panel - Rating filter not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 08:55:27 AM »
This is most likely related to / caused by bug #1170, which has been fixed for the next release already.
See release notes for more information.

ubacher

• Oldtimer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 08:04:07 AM »
Info for those who are affected by this:
I just reinstalled the previous version 5.2. I expected the installer to complain / refuse because of a higher version existing but it did not.
Installed OK, runs OK.

Mario

• IMatch Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 09:10:17 AM »
As I often stated: I don't recommend or endorse forcefully downgrading. You may have damaged your settings or database.
Which may cause issues at some point in the future, during a database operation, an upgrade to a newer IMatch version. Who knows...

I will remember this and consider this when you later report strange issues or problems.
Because they could be caused by you forcefully downgrading IMatch and then spending time on analysis would be a waste of time.
This is not supported and the consequences and effects are unknown.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 09:14:54 AM by Mario »