Window layout problem

Started by DigPeter, April 28, 2020, 01:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigPeter

I have tried unsuccessfully to find the solution to this in Help.  In the past, the window layout when opening IMatch was the one in use previously. With this and last version, my layout reverts to "Default" on first opening.  My normal layout is "My layout" in the layout drop menu, which I need to activate each time I open IMatch.  I thought that "Default" was updated to the layout in operation when closing the program.

How do I overcome this?

Mario

IMatch remembers the last used layout.
No other user reported this and I have also not experienced this.

Please check that the log file does not report any warnings or errors: log file
That you don't use non-standard things like preset folders moved to another folder or system or things like this.

We have just spent quite some  time because one user reported that the TimWiz app does not work for him.
Yesterday we found out that he, at some point in time, has moved the app folder to another disk. And forgotten about it.
And of course IMatch used the apps from his custom folder, but not the current versions of these apps in the official folder.
And this caused the problem.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DigPeter

I have not moved any folders to other media.   Log file shows no errors.  I will restart with a debug log and send it to you.

Mario

IMatch does not "load" a workspace when it starts.
It remembers the last settings and layout you have used and restores that.
To load a workspace, use View > Workspaces.

I have made a test:

Collapsed all panels, switched to a specific View etc.
Close IMatch.
Re-open. Everything is as before. OK.
Checked switching between previously stored workspaces. Also works OK.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook