Face detect causes iMatch to crash repeatedly

Started by DaveO, April 26, 2020, 02:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveO

Hi,

I upgraded to 2020.4.8 and set automatic face detection going on a large number of images (about 7400).

It runs in the background and after some time e.g. 10 minutes IMatch crashes and tells me it didn't close properly next time I start it.

Face detection starts again when I re-start iMatch.

I have attached a log file that has an error message in it which says:

[0426/133736.132:ERROR:broker_win.cc(55)] Error reading broker pipe: The pipe has been ended. (0x6D)

and also the general log file 

Operating system is Win 10 which is up tp date and there is around 200Gb of free disk space on the installed disks including the C drive where the program are installed.

Mario

Can you upload the DUMP file to your cloud space and send me a link to support email address ?
See The Debug Dump File
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DaveO

There was no dump file dialogue as described at the link you gave above.   iMatch literally just vanished.

I have searched my C drive for a zip file and there are none created today when this happened.

Mario

Hm. This usually means that the crash happened outside of IMatch, in a 3rd party component, WIC codec, driver or similar.
But I see an error entry in the log file, which restricts the source of the error to about 300 lines of code in IMatch. But without the DUMP file, it will be impossible to analyze.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

claudermilk

I've run into this more frequently recently myself. I'm chugging along and either IMatch simply closes or I'll get a warning about an unexpected error. I've never seen any kind of indication of problems in the dump file--all looks good right to the end. I'm guessing probably at least in my case it's unhappy WIC codecs. I'm processing CR2 files exclusively. I'm not sure that updating those would do much--the files and codecs are mostly the same vintage. I don't have any new file formats to worry about (a decade-old Canon 7D is my most recent camera).