Linux, wine & Imatch 5

Started by Aubrey, February 24, 2014, 09:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

Anybody tried running Imatch5 using Linux Mint and WINE ?

Aubrey.

Ferdinand

Yes.  I have an older XP netbook that I've converted to LUbuntu, and I installed both 3.6 and 5 under Wine.  V3.6 runs and generally seems ok.  But I can't run scripts.  I am told the file doesn't exist.  I checked and it does, so I tried playing with permissions, but so far no luck.  I haven't had time to play with this for a while.

V5 installs but doesn't run.  It has the same problem as V3.6, but the problem file is needed during program load so the program won't start.  I was writing this this from memory.  I just turned it on and tried again and the problems where more serious.  Not sure what happened.  Actually I think I do, but I haven't had time to clean that up either. When I do, I suspect that the problem will still be that V5 can't load some xml file or other during the program startup.

I had the intention to post the results at WineHQ but haven't done so yet.  Perhaps the fix for V3.6 is not so hard.  It's going to be difficult to get them to pay attention to a beta of V5 which is not publicly available (since it's only available to registered users).

Aubrey

Ferdinand,
I'll try tomorrow with Linux Mint 16. Though still learing my way around WINE.

Aubrey.

Aubrey

Hmmm,
can't get IMatch 5 to work with WINE in MINT 16.

Aubrey.

Ferdinand

As I said, "V5 installs but doesn't run".  I haven't had the time to explore further.