Visually Duplicate Files Find & Delete

Started by Darius1968, January 24, 2020, 04:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

As is, IMatch is very good and powerful at finding and presenting the user a set of files that are binary duplicates of the files in the current selection, as long as they reside within the database itself.  However, if they aren't binary twins, but only visual twins, then it so seems that a separate utility would be needed (anything on this planned for IMatch 2020?).  Yes, I know that there is the visually similar search, but this doesn't pin-point only visual duplicates. 

I've had a look at a program that has been mentioned in this forum before, called Anti-Twin, which is probably along the lines of what I need, but this program doesn't function on a drag-and-drop basis, only by specifying folders.  Any recommendations on something that is drag-and-drop based?  Thanks. 

imfan

Hi,

initially I bought iMatch exactly for this reason: finding viual dups, many, many years ago. Eventhough it is not as good as other external programs, I stayed with iMatch. It offers sooo many things and the comunity is very helpfull!

Take a look to the program:  "Find.Same.Images.OK" (by Nenad Hrg), I have not used it very often though.
You can drag and drop folder(s)   INTO  the path-field-line !!!  not into the  comparison previews !!!
You cannot drag and drop several folders as a collection to be compared to one folder e.g.

If you give this program a shot, please let us know the outcome of your experience.

Darius1968

Thanks, imfan for your input, which gives me yet, another idea.  What I wish to accomplish is having the ability to drag-and-drop a set of files from the file window (Small/Large/XLarge) to the external program that will in turn, tell me which files in that set are visual duplicates, giving me the ability to delete those matches that are duplicates. 

Jingo

It might not help you for the PC.. but if you have access to a MAC, I use both Photos Duplicate Cleaner and Photosweeper X to find binary dups as well as "similar" photos... they both work relatively well and groups photos together allowing you to choose which to keep/delete or "auto-mark" based on file size, date/time, etc....