@Builder, @Uncategorized and @Unassigned not working

Started by DonR, June 03, 2017, 08:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonR

Hello,

I have been using IMatch 3 for quite a few years (yes, I know it is ancient in software terms), and I recently downloaded the IMatch 2017 trial version.  I have successfully imported my IMatch 3.6 database containing about 20,000 images into IMatch 2017.  I like the new interface, but I have encountered a few problems that are show-stoppers for me.

When I use the category Builder to combine several categories, it seems to work partially - the @Builder item in the category list has a number in parentheses next to it that represents the correct number of files that match the builder expression.  But when I click on the @Builder category, nothing appears in the file window.  If I hover the mouse over the @Builder line in the category list, I see thumbnails of the first few images that match the builder expression, but still the file window remains blank.

Likewise, the @Uncategorized and @Unassigned categories seem to contain the correct images (as seen in thumbnails when I hover the mouse over them in the category list), but when I click and highlight them in the category list, the file window is empty.

I'm running Windows 10, and my IMatch 3.6 application still works fine, but I would like to upgrade to the newest IMatch version.  I read the manual section "For IMatch 3 Users", and I used the Database Converter tool to create the IMatch 5 database from the old IMatch 3.6 database.

Any help would be appreciated.  I have tried starting fresh and added some of the old images to a new IMatch 5 database, and in that case the builder, unassigned and uncategorized features work as the should.  But it is not feasible for me to re-categorize my collection of 20,000 images.

Thanks,

Don

thrinn

Hi Don,
one explanation could be that some kind of filter is active. The header line of the file window would be in blue in this case. Could you please attach a screenshot of your workspace? Maybe we can get a clue from that.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

DonR

Hi Thorsten,

No, there was no filter active.  But the problem is solved now.

I exported the categories with file links, created a new database, added all of the files to it, and imported the categories.  It is working now.

Thanks,

Don