resize with automaticly crop/cut

Started by RainerG, June 05, 2013, 10:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you need a function to crop a picture with the batch processor when you resize an picture?

yes!
no
matter

RainerG

A very nice functionality would be that the 'Batch processor' automaticly can optionality crop a picture. So can resize a picture and convert it from 3:2 (my SLR) for example to 4:3 (picture frame, iPad), 16:9 (TV) to see no black bars on the screen when i show a diashow.

Or is that an very specific feature that need no other IMatch-user?  :-[
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Menace

Can you start a poll? Could be a way to get more opinions.

Currently I don't need this tool, because I just resize my pictures. For Cropping I use Capture One, because I want to decide, how it should looks after cropping. And I also want to keep my SLR-Ratio.

Richard

I can not imagine an automatic crop that would not just take off equal amounts. When I crop a photo I often take different amounts off one edge than I do another because the important part of the image is not always dead center.

RainerG

Quote from: Richard on June 05, 2013, 11:33:26 PM
I can not imagine an automatic crop that would not just take off equal amounts. When I crop a photo I often take different amounts off one edge than I do another because the important part of the image is not always dead center.

It is for batch processing for many many many pics (you write A photo ;-). It is very hard to crop 300 (or 500 or 1000) pics manualy  :P. After the batch processing i can look the pics and see that the most pics are good. The rest that looks not good that can i manual crop (more left or right or more top or bottom).
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Photon

I do bulk 16:9 central cropping, Full-HD resizing and resharpening of all my high resolution JPG images with advanced msdos batch tool. The tool can be started inside or outside IMatch, but uses external other tools like ImageMagick and ExifTool. Only on demand I do manual cropping, when the image requires another method than central cropping. But in such rare case I often do also image editing and this will result anyhow in more versions and resized/cropped exports. Imatch is perfect for managing all these version.

Especially the resharpening is very very important, because 1920x1080 pix images on TV look only really brilliant, when resharpening is done good. However it is good, if the resharpening is processed as a function of ISO value. I have done it for 30,000 jpg images recently. It is impressive, the converted files have about 400 kByte file size and look much better on the screen or TV than the original jpg files with 6 MByte. And the display and navigation speed on the playback device and USB/NAS/DLNA/IP access is of course much much faster with smaller files.

My batch file is quite lengthy and complex, but works perfect. But I can recommend it only for experienced users who know how to edit a msdos batch file. I can publish it on demand.

Kind Regards, Martin
| IMatch v5.5.8 + Win7proN64bit | Lumix, Pentax |
| ExifTool, ImageMagick, GeoSetter | JPhotoTagger, MusicBee | CaptureOne, LightRoom | jAlbum, WingsPlatinum, Mobjects |