Matadata compliance and question how to

Started by Frank, October 01, 2013, 08:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Assumption imatch 3:
Imatch 3 reads all metadata out of exif and writes them into the corresponding xmp fields. These fields/attributes are still valid.
Imatch 3 cannot writes changes to exif it can only write into the corresponding xmp field.

excample Rating out of exif differs from xmp.

Assumpption imatch 5:
imatch 5 can read exif and writes to the corresponding xmp field while MWG is turned on. Changes to the metadata say rating will than be written back also into the corresponding exif field.

When turning of MWG standard and do not import exif into xmp during import. Imatch 5 imports the information out of the xmp field like imatch 3. and the corresponding fields will not be synchronized.

Both assumption do not have a sidecar file

Questions:
1. How can I archieve to be MWG complient and not loosing the information written by imatch 3 into the xmp fields?
    Is there a script available or any hint?
2. Which attributes are written by imatch 3 and which not to know how to prepare the data!
    Like the example with rating?
3. How do I know if all information read by imatch 5 are the same as read by imatch 3
    Out of which field is imatch 5 reading the information and what is the master.

The following attributes are touched by me

Date created, ...    --> Geosetter, Imatch3 and exiftool   than imported into categories using ferdinands script  (XMP)
Location, ...          --> Geosetter  and sometimes corrected with imatch 3 and than imported with ferdinands script  (XMP)
MWG Names          --> Picasa   (XMP)
Rating                  -->  Fotoware initial than only imatch 3

Premission:
MWG compiance is the prefered way for me!

In this case I am a little bit nervous

regards
Frank

Frank

Am I the only one having the problem?
Frank

sinus

Quote from: Frank on October 03, 2013, 04:56:36 PM
Am I the only one having the problem?
Frank

I do not know exactly, what you mean.
If the times comes (not yet) to import all images from IM3 into IM5, then I will do before some things.
One of these things will be, that I do look very carefully some images in IM3, and I will print all possible informations out, what are in such images.

Then I will bring the same images into IM5 and will do the same. Finally I will examine exactly, if an what information is lost and what information is eventually more in IM5.

If I will have then a problem, I will check further. In my case, I think, Exif-informations, IPTC, XMP and properties will be not a problem to transfer them into IM5 (for example properties into Attributes).

But at this time, this is too early for me to look at this deeply, because first I am thinking about a good (new) workflow in IM5. We have for examples more collections in IM5 and hence I will first think about carefully.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus